VERY cheap (but tolerable) closed phones
Sep 3, 2001 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pineapples10

100+ Head-Fier
Im gonna get demerited for asking this...but my dad wants some to watch TV with.....can anyone reccomend (and I use that term loosely) some relatively inexpensive phones that are closed. When I say relatively cheap..i mean no more than $30....they need to be closed so they dont wake up my mother...thanks in advance...

Sep 3, 2001 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 9
Sure, no prob.

cheap?
In this case, Koss always has something in its line.

Koss UR-20

closed, boomy, but otherwise pretty good for the price
(25 bucks or so)

Bye

Redwoood

Sep 3, 2001 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 9
Koss UR20 or UR30 (which is like the 20 except they fold).. they're both in your pricerange and are good enough for TV...

edit- damn i was too slow...

Sep 3, 2001 at 3:03 AM Post #4 of 9
I can't confirm this, but it seems as thought the UR20 and the UR30 use different drivers...here is the quote from Koss:

UR20: High fidelity Stereophone utilizes neodymium rare earth magnet and 16 micron mylar element for deep bass and treble clarity

UR30: High Fidelity Stereophone utilizes an anisotropic magnet and 1.4 mil mylar element for deep bass and treble clarity

Which sounds better? I don't know, but I had bought the UR20 based on HeadRoom's (headphone.com) brief description. I returned them, however, because I wasn't used to the boomy bass. I also felt that alot of midrange and high-midrange was missing. These headphones were good for pop music but not for classical. For TV, they will do fine...but not for long periods (my ears became sweaty)

Sep 3, 2001 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 9
I wanted to add, the ur20 was very hard to adjust...and seems to fit either big heads or little heads...no mediums
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2001 at 6:31 AM Post #7 of 9
i'll get slammed for this, but you might consider the sony cd180: fine for tv, not the best for music, and very comfortable for long periods. i think it's about $25.

Sep 3, 2001 at 4:27 PM Post #9 of 9
"Where did you see the 7506 in Canada again?"

Red, I didn't personally see them... I just remember some guy posted on headwize a few months ago that he bought them from a local store in T.O.
Sorry I can't be of much help.. Maybe you should look for Pro-DJ equipment stores in your area??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back