Very cheap Amp (temporary solution)
Mar 28, 2007 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

skunkmunkey

New Head-Fier
Ok, just got me some HD-650s, and got myself in the doghouse for buying them too. I'm running them from my Creative x-fi elite pro soundcard at the moment, and although they are loud enough the sound doesnt seem to have much weight. I just need a really cheap temporary amp until i have siphoned enough cash away from the joint account to pay for a decent one.

was thinking of this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEHRINGER-Micr...ayphotohosting

If anyone has any suggestions (pref from ebay.co.uk as I have some cash in paypal she doesnt know about) would appreciate it.

Mar 28, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 4
First off, welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet!!!

Second, I dont know too much about your proposed amp, but if you are looking for something cheap then look up the ibasso t1/p1. I would probably go with the p1 (100) if I were you since you want to drive the 650's. Even cheaper would be like a go-vibe v5 (55), but I dont know if that will be able to push the hd650 that well.

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 4
If you are thinking of listening mostly at your PC, you should try this USB Sound card. With these drivers.
It is a C-Media chip that has great sound and lots of volume and punch. Coupled with Foobar it sounds very nice! My PA2V2 can't touch it, much to my surprise. Best of all its cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back