Very audible hum/buzz coming from speakers.
Jun 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Hente

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I just got a new desk and after finally setting everything up, my speakers have started to make a buzzing/humming noise. It is especially apparent when I'm watching a video, moving my mouse over text or whatnot, loading a new page or scrolling throughout the page. Even when I'm not doing anything I can still hear a hum. I don't hear the humming when I listen to my headphones. Any ideas what the problem could be?

One more thing to note is that it is only extremely apparent when I have the tone/direct button pressed down; it's not as apparent when I don't have it active, but it's still there. Don't really want to turn it off as my speakers sound kind of "tinny or hollow". I was getting some humming from before i got the new desk, but it wasn't as bad. I am also plugging it directly into the wall outlet instead of connecting it to a surge protector. Using the power supply that it came with (That vonage one) if that matters.

My equipment is USB -> Aune MKII DAC/Amp -> Lepai LP-2020A+ -> Sony SS-B3000.

Jun 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 3
Actually wait, I think this was happening before I got everything rearranged. Just stuck my head above the speakers and the hiss wasn't really as noticeable.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 3
a power transformer (the box of plastic in the power cord) can cause a hum if the input (or output) wire is too close.
maybe a speaker wire would do it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back