Verum Two... Incoming
Apr 26, 2024 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

arpinnurmela

Head-Fier
Uh, yeah... Verum Audio is preparing to launch a Kickstarter campaign for Verum 2 headphones. These look even more insane than the Verum 1 and they seem to approaching this in an effort to improve what is already excellent.

How do you improve on 80mm drivers? With 105mm drivers. How do you improve on the trace tech? Using pure silver... Frankly this is end-game level concept to use silver traces. How do you fix the low impedance issue of the Verum 1? By raising the impedance to 12Ohms. How do you improve on an already extremely comfortable headphone? By making it more comfortable. How do you solve the aftermarket problem of XLR cables for the Verum 1? By offering a kit version that includes both a SE and a XLR cable. What if you don't like fabric+sheepskin pads? Well Verum Audio is now offering a vegan pad solution. How do you improve the screw post adjustment system for headphone sizing? By redesigning it so that it can be done within seconds.

Verum 2 looks like it will have 5 different color ways available to choose from on Kickstarter.

In a hilarious move, Verum Audio is still going to continue shipping their headphones in the usual box with bubble wrap. Seriously, who cares about the box when you are receiving one of the best sounding headphones on the market?

To say I'm excited is an understatement. I've personally been considering purchasing another pair of Verum 1. But I think I'll be waiting a bit...

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 9
There are already measurements and some impressions out. To be honest, I didn't like the look of the frecuency response of the Verum 2. It has subass roll off and some other inconsistencies, but I guess they could be solved with some EQ.
I also didn't like the flashy colour, but seems that he is going to release a black version too.

I might get my hands on one in the future, as I loved the Verum 1.

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 9
There are already measurements and some impressions out. To be honest, I didn't like the look of the frecuency response of the Verum 2. It has subass roll off and some other inconsistencies, but I guess they could be solved with some EQ.
I also didn't like the flashy colour, but seems that he is going to release a black version too.

I might get my hands on one in the future, as I loved the Verum 1.
Could you link to the frequency response for us?

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 9
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 9
Apr 28, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #7 of 9
Verum 2 THD @106dB from preview Kickstarter page

1714313129942.png

Comparison to Verum 1.2 measured by Amir. Note the above results are at 2 dB HIGHER power (106 dB vs 104 dB) than the red curve below and still have over a decimal reduction in distortion in the mids...

1714313142595.png

(https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...s/verum-audio-verum-1-review-headphone.31461/)

This despite the driver having a larger surface area and being 50g lighter than the driver used in 1.2. If this pans out, should be some very impressive stuff from the boys in Kharkov!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back