Verum 1 (From kickstarter)
Nov 2, 2018 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Claus-DK

1000+ Head-Fier
I like Kickstarter and indiegogo, it is a good source for new and interesting stuff.
I noticed the Verum 1 project and convinced myself to join, they looked so different and were not insanely expensive planar.
Fast forward, I get too curious, I am not a person that is good at waiting, not for a bus and headphones is a bit of addition and addicts have a hard time dealing with patience.

I also own a danish forum about headphone and earlier we did a lot of producttours, so I thought I wanted to inject some life to the forum and start a new tours..
We do these tours nonprofit, we get an item and send it around for reviews/impressions and after 10 members we have a lottery and one lucky bast*** winds the item, we do a lottery because we do not want the price and sponsor to be able to affect the reviews.

Long story short, I contacted Verum and asked if they could be interested in donating a headphone for the danish nerds to listen to and he agreed..

Now I got my hands on it and I am not even part of the danish list, I gave my spot away knowing it would get here first no matter what, also it does not matter to me if I win one, as I alreday bought one..

So this is a donated headphone, I did not pay for it or get to keep it afterwards.

Our version is a prototype, it is 50 grams heavier than the production model, they are a bit heavy like all planars, but they sit very well on my head and do not feel that heavy.

The headband is something special, it looks like the abyss, but the abyss is not a phone one gets to play with often so I was all new to this concept and I am so impressed, it can be adjusted in all kinds of ways, the pressure on the head is easyli adjusted, no need for books or bending steelbands, just adjust it and of you go.

The leather part is wide has a nice padding and sit firmly in place, it takes the weight and distribute the pressure well.
It is also a great thing that it will keep the adjusments from session to session, it takes a bit of time to adjust but you do not need to make any finetuning everythime they are on the head.

I like how this feels like a well buildt tool in my hands, I like the grip they have it sort of says "welcome to my world" a good feeling one that is remembered like when I put on DX1000, also something special.

The pads are brainwavz round version no angle, a good pad that will do well, they can be exchanged for an expensive and more exclusive one if need be and it is so easy, they sit with MAGNETS, I am so in love with that concept, I have been swapping 100s of pads over the years and these you just take of and put back on, I find myself taking them off and putting them back on just because it is so easy, really love love love that.

The Cable is some cheap chinese cable I had lying around, the finished version will be with one a bit like that, easy to get an other one if one wish for that.

One could argue that a nice phone like this deserved a better cable and/or better pads, but as I see it, it is the best place to make the savings, easy to get parts and the parts are not bad at all to begin with, but pads made from the ballsack of scottish highland cattle just has a special appeal to me, they should have something like that It would suit the rest of the build, but would make the price much higher.
I am not a firm believer of cables and how they change sound, so the cable does not bother me, it does bother me a bit, the way they stick out from the cups, I understand why it is chosen, to save space and avoid making the cups ginormous, but I do fear that it is vunerable, when paying baskeball and other sports.

I like the fact that it is all made by hand and by the owner/creator, the backers gets lots of updates on the projects and, it is nice to see the attention and care that is put into every step, most companies today build stuff from parts sourced from all kind of places, nice it is made locally good for the enviroment, better than shipping parts from place to place, a normal set of headphone has travlled so many miles, before we get that, that if we take them with us at every cartrip we make, they will still have travlled longer before we got them, after 10 years that is..Scary fact, but it is true and not the best for our planet. so thumbs up for doing it all in house, exept cable and pads..

The creator and I have written a bit and I was told that he has been a speaker man all his life and never had a set of phones, it is madness I tell you :darthsmile::darthsmile:
I am a headphone person on top of that I got that addiction I wrote of earllier, so I am not a speaker man in anyway..

I have been wondering a bit why that was important to tell me ? I do not really care if the creator is deaf, I listen to headphones and enjoy music, that is what I do..
But after some hours with the Verum 1, the famous burnin thing in the brain I start to understand why, most headphones are tuned so that they have bigger soundstage or at least not sound to Claustrophobic, the Verum does nat have this, they do not try to sound bigger than they are.
I kind of like that, it makes the headphones dissapeer, you do not listen through a headphone, you just listen to music.
Normally I am not impressed by speakersound, it lacks the details and intimacy in headphones, it is just not for me, I have been listen to speaker setups on the stupid side of 100.000 $ and "well it sounds nice, where is my headphones" :ksc75smile:

I do however like the approach to sound, when it has results like Verum 1, it is just marvelous.

They sound like sitting in your best chair, like rollerskates on fresh asphalt, like the smell of a new car.

They do not sound like a bungeejump or how fireworks look.

They have a very friendly signature that will please most people , it will not offend anyone, it could leave bassheads a dissapointed also trebleheads will miss something.

I do not feel tired in the brain after hours of listening, I do feel my ears being warmer than normal, but headphones does that to ears.

I would love to have something to bit** about, but have a hard time finding anything besides the weight and that can not be avoided with planars..

They sit firmly enough for riding a bike and has no windnoise !!! :beerchug:

They are sp easy to drive, my smal Shanlin M0 does a wondefull job, love that..

I have listened to Rolling Stones "Forty Licks" when writing this and I did get satisfied.

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 4
And now some magic
nePqbffQXv_DsjJnWANxy4DKSz03kHkZwxKw9Pcme9idsc1wCqHgAM41qmDCzvmEzhJlbyFjWtakkUeYhxdqD33bNKjYu4drp20-ieL0m_V1wlH05I_0BTL_ZbbwLd0xarn0_coruDd2mYR0bvAznZESpaCu0q8wRQrgx1_pAX_SgG8RAFp9zMvowoxuVrzFqzZDdjQYis2AhajKfriUgd16a4GTyuPtARBDVAHjGza5NFZPcvK5tzsxhw7IzzJoVVHvahSCpNSHm34mB_b1UdnwMyViSn11ymlHKL3rr9Zx97_6QTFTktQFpxvcY7jKMeaHLjosk2DbO5lBs9ZXV3CEs6pEsUe2amkutHVVrHbN15WWOF-0ShYElKFB-UbkfuZM88RTco0dk15e1iDnVZW3X7MgwRpvYwqepoHMpYNk_8aDQCYNkQnyodusTuVKqALkcj5Vk-lBcH6lzhyFkbkpTflOICEeuDwG5ATKtrOU_7kAY5fvlpiNI8G_eQLbbxSlnETvMysMpXFyPK4fUwcnZmV0JDtgXQr8Worn0rauR__PcJ-hzwwbETYZIifEkHIrjyBAK34HUXX8TCoP2jV3sdK5ZswBRUjL1NXWyNfOZ0OPT6uzg8IJ1w7npBG2bwjmalLFkHYC4px8tsB22HVEl3F-pvnoks4fXUIauOySEXqpfgV9gSgAuGsOOtFjbHkfAbBOYZ_rv34yig=w704-h938-no

They are to big for the box.

8yWu_NxFs0kBP3dEZxmJExytan_SaDpghH9xEFV6HJoXhAqKAleOsydMLRC34W88qgYzfOOgpBCkA3IEO-fUxpifXHz3YUmZtKYoVEa-OHvgxthFRTdwv-Yn7x1AsijbKGG-KKqCBURm5kGwmysJa3eGOk0SEp2nvJrN0Fctc3d3O5h77SZmXUFN99cbuaj398AMXmDbZJyvzm1gDhhp6DmlBdp52cyBPltrBNB6v9R2lyY0uI5uZLUYtrn4g-IMn56Z187oTw8z6XQmShQVIxleQvGSYYVvqZ0Ggiw-MnzzfiZ709OkGiXk0xgcotnl6esuD4oQl_hWjaujwi2AlqqMh7Wfpo9amufTbgLrSzOmbz62bn5B3Fs7ocYe4lW8M6qdy0LEmnTbwPHbL2Qa6fPKaq-MwcSKq6-bPGPPK6Mx2974SyYez_aaH4UUKjPF63rmtYJaQ8_X8nEQCmqAcgbUSlaJJLD91Ol6fyhMTYUXzN_bnNuRXLvG5P_uopmEg4CNAqPb2PNt9vJ71b2-zdgr5J4hqAMo9Zo53aLDbUDeOLkFl5PhIQNt5IyXwZn-CDQgha3-QUS6c7IsEEuUg_cu61H3yxkl9eGG4MfSgBg62tmSsr4bFvNsksdpJ_muDa7kkhaZN-Q2na8iRpSBT34Fvu32xBq8QpuN5SE54EvWxGgl7u1UcsRDOp4502cCmnqKKm2EpPArof4qKg=w1251-h938-no

uIGqqFXVv88DWD0bUEkLQGaWCOExZZg-RKSJZZzKpSIEd-1uEcAWKO_5dmElcEiATxS_Qy5cnQdDOa16LGRAv_jaAcqAQxQiJ7mrksP10vz5gui8ux_6p3T8FSoUSLzVME2eejZqVgdOsLj1yzRZjNZwKf8h6dhAPY2eh34EJvIQIkaJyxF2usic4Us24qVdrt61Y2P2uGk5loMK4H37AQHwZk4u352EL4fUy_b_x5kcOj56ObkSlCIjreJ5-vf1pC74LmLS54TqmTrinBeReP0qPqK6ryOydbgsRvmLZDeuWGSQRQYUX1YuMZiQwy66sviczJwHkMpJUhbcRh8_BSunXKhd9QFRCloimB8dlZIL1fqed_vz_1FWqeVR5ANQ61Ku6CV5ESeG62Tv0c7uUpsLDyj70y2utrR0C5DLLjlolZgoV1aGquKScAMFTBn-cOQFadZha7DPXKgiEtoBNLV72OwNQkZ_nrG8bh9Hxxp58quQTA8K3fqYkI9TRT1Ym0asQWREwVn1GsUwidYlXIj0K2h7Cn__G7jwXXU2nKcnVMMcfwQPCB0tmWQBMS3EOYOIIcA0PaCBVhebUPE3qRq1wNuE3DjALucZjxijWJL1n7eeeGNVywl3_Kgfp9-Zw316c4pozCszAX9gPed0J2fjP6bxI88fRnGRlA7_Vlh4I7ePkhkzAnM1PaUOTFaHFmmfrrRgB0zBHbPEzA=w1251-h938-no

But I just jumped and jumped on them, so now they fit the box, with enough room for a player and amp, same box.

4HiaqzldN-pdF6n1vt4MYyB6Z0Xq7JErjZwlmdPWl6wzfmL88Lv6Rt3pXI-hJJsw2Uq4_YeVmm1z6LdNXq2e9kcTduITl2pPBlt8-k5h3Iq-h4u87ZVjY5MqJCj_tCmE5YJgdHEG4Q0cEZtOIumSM9VnKZdCCKRG1dFg8Cxx6iqC309jlX158Pllit9HX3OjF_zWx1zL4lMfv2whUTOWY8sRs8AInH8x9OfzkqcMeqienXBIV1oCZM__ZGO5gzRC54g9YRHwIm0jpNyELuIAeeDNS21OhGNEDvABhu7bJvdoVIemZqLaedO4NeiyBOmz2hu2mG5ata4i1rt1OiVdw_98PCmlRzGrTtuNkwrhdyBaMXK8t6Y371-jUE6Ub4hNaODpbMDxNCYmMaSzQodCVbg-xuOm0V4g4d19UIafFG8lshrGYAbMNJJfcUah746dSQ1-oRzJCkRVC6YVwCs-6F2jS71-LKaAVYOsY94JB6i0WXV_EZsRkc--0MYgTGQ5JINKaNtdM0sR_OIeZ0GVIoDdpyJa4gH2atNt4CbMr1mjOMkl5t787FGGimqCt1XOfRQu1Prw2fNIOU05gmGlUfU9bA13oXpCNMDRTo30xrNofibF6F8cjZOQHfxkvcoIigiqgC16eIJtOnWxcZSANf16cY9qDjtAnY0IQy5NjvUG2jhM-zolEqBIgiG4yRbg30wu0Hjb7lyHStVktQ=w1251-h938-no

Foldable, never saw that comming..

They are actually great on the go, they sit firm on the head and stay in place, they also are so easy to drive, that there is no need for an amp, just a player and of you go..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back