Verizon LG Voyager
Dec 31, 2007 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Giudecca

Head-Fier
I am looking to get the LG Voyager and would like to use it as my primary portable player. Does anyone have experience with these? Am I better off just using my 1g Nano?

Also, I have a set of Shure se310's...will these work ok? or will I need a set of IEMs that is more designed for the iPhone type of devices?

Thanks

Dec 31, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 11
You are better off using the nano if you are going to do heavy listening. The voyager will give you less than stellar batterylife if you use the player as your prime mp3 player because of the screen backlighting. As far as headphones, the voyager does not take the standard 3.5mm jack of headphones...so you will need an adapter if you want to use your shures. Other than that...I love that phone.

Dec 31, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 11
x2 on that. I have the LG Chocolate, and bought a 4GB SD card for music. It sounds okay, but big mistake. Battery lasts like 3 hours if playing music. Waste of time. I have a headphone plug converter I will sell you if interested, since I have two (one cost $18 at BestBuy, the other $10 at Radioshack. Both work fine, but the BB one has a cord expander).

Dec 31, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 11
well that is too bad it eats up the battery like that. I havent looked into the price of a 4gb or 8gb MicroSD card for it though, but it might be even more cost effective to buy a new Nano even. Especially if you take in to account the longevity of the Voyager and its battery.

Thank you for the input!

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #5 of 11
Agree on a smaller DAP for music. Someday they will solve the DAP/cellphone battery dilemma (there is a Samsung, called the Juke, that plays music and last longer, but no web, etc.). Right now, different gadgets for different purposes. Guess the iPhone might be an exception, but not worth it in my view.

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #7 of 11
Well you could always purchase a the IPhone and hack it to work with T-Mobile if that works in your area. Be aware that the newest firmware for the recent IPhones still needs to be hacked (v1.1.2) but if you can get ahold of a 1.1.1 version that is hackable right now.
smily_headphones1.gif
1.1.2 that ships with the new IPhones and its updated baseband should be getting the hacking treatment relatively soon with the new 1.1.3 just on the horizon.

Jan 2, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #11 of 11
Yeah it seems that for the past several years when i want to upgrade to a new phone, Verizon doesnt have the phone i really want. They do make up for that with the signal though. So i spose its worth the trade off in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back