verbatim vinyl cd-r media?
Feb 17, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 15
Damn good deal! I just bought 10 for $5 at Circuit City. I like them and they look cool. So far no coasters. They should leave more room for labeling though.

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 15
I got the Imation 48X 100 spindle for more or less the same amount (11.99) after mail in rebate, in the same place, you may find better deals, if you are patient and trust mail in rebates...This is not bad, though.

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 15
Oooh...cool. I want some. I read that they're not bad for cd-rs. They'd look awesome... I saw an ad in the paper for Best Buy's sale on these, but the online deal seems better.

Feb 17, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #7 of 15
I saw those at Micro Center and thought they looked cool, but I wasn't going to pay $25 for 50. And how can you beat free shipping? Thanks for the heads up.

Feb 18, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #10 of 15
I like the tiny "grooves" on the label side.
biggrin.gif
It's soooo analog.

Feb 18, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #11 of 15
I've been using these for a while. I love them. I like that old style dark blue recordable surface. It just looks like quality.
I had a hard time finding the speeds for them. At Verbatim's website they had it listed. They are slow, like 16x or something like that. No big deal for me, as I use them for audio only, and I record audio at no more than 8x.

Feb 19, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #12 of 15
I want some of these! I'm going to look at Office Depot on my way to work.

Feb 20, 2004 at 12:07 AM Post #13 of 15
My dad had bought a ton of these because they were on sale dirt cheap (hmm, I wonder why they're on sale at super low prices all the time), and considering they're azo dye CDRS, they're probably made by Mitsubishi (not all Verbatim discs are made by Mitsubishi). They would definitely be a better option than your run-of-the-mill generic CDRs. I have, however, experienced errors with these, even when playing them on my Panasonic SL-CT570 which otherwise plays even the most badly scratched CDRs without a hitch.

If you're burning treasured music that you wish to archive permanently, use only the best: CDRs manufactured by Taiyo Yuden or Mitsui (Sony Supremas Gold are manufactured by Taiyo Yuden).
See: http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware...cdr_info.shtml

Edit: Found some more info about the vinyl CDRs:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/11703

Feb 20, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #14 of 15
Where (preferably online) can one pick up some of these higher end CDRs?

Edit: N/M, I've been referred to a place and ordered some.

Feb 20, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by soundboy
Verbatim is owned by Mitsubishi Chemicals....these blanks are good. Except there's hardly any place to label the disc.

OH!
I guess that makes sence, I have some Mitsubishi Vinyl-CD-Rs from Japan
biggrin.gif
...haha, I was wondering why they looked exactly the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back