[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Feb 10, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #7,351 of 7,442
Feb 11, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #7,353 of 7,442
yes there was, monk plus and monk lite are available in balanced TRRS. looks like the plus is out of stock at the moment, but if you scroll down the page you can see the monk plus SPC edition does come in a 2.5mm TRRS as well as a 3.5mm TRRS.

- amazon does cary some, but didn't see the TRRS version.
- try some of the other less popular sites? possibly have older stock?
- request the drop again from drop (massdrop) i'm not positive, but i think the balanced was an option with this drop, wither that or the VE cables they also ran
- check ebay or other 2nd hand here on the forum

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #7,355 of 7,442
yes, those are very close to what i have.
went back to the massdrop/drop listing and it was the "VENTURE ELECTRONICS MONK PLUS EXCLUSIVE BLUE" drop. the extras that were included were called the "Ex Pack" here's an image of what was included. you can see the ear hooks/fins that were in this set. i've used these on my monks since i got them over 2 years ago.

9222688.jpg
9222689.jpg
9139495.png

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4 (SPC edition)

great that it's working for some people, but I never seem to be able to get a good seal with the sharkfins installed.

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #7,356 of 7,442
great that it's working for some people, but I never seem to be able to get a good seal with the sharkfins installed.

Well, I can't get them to stay in one place with the foams, so the sound & level of ambient noise isn't consistent. Figured I'd try the fins for that, but I'm not really expecting a "seal" since they're buds & not in-ears.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #7,358 of 7,442
ear buds have been around a loooong time and i never had any luck keeping them in my ears until i had these fins. it gives them the buds a chance to stay in you ears comfortably without pressure.

i actually run mine with the fins AND foam.

- put fin on earbud (tip pointing to the front of your face)
- cut a small slice in the edge of the foam, enough for the fin to come through.
- feed the fin through the cut and fit the rest of the foam as usual
- you can rotate them forward so the stems of the earbuds are pointing towards the front of your face instead of down and run the cables over the top of your ears.

- the foams make these buds comfy

- the fins keep them in place

you won't get a seal at all as these. they are more comparable to the old style "on-the-ear" headphone or wide open back "over-the-ear" headphones. they do not isolate/reduce any background noise. i use these a lot when i want some music but still need to hear what's going on around me.

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #7,359 of 7,442
yes, those are very close to what i have.
went back to the massdrop/drop listing and it was the "VENTURE ELECTRONICS MONK PLUS EXCLUSIVE BLUE" drop. the extras that were included were called the "Ex Pack" here's an image of what was included. you can see the ear hooks/fins that were in this set. i've used these on my monks since i got them over 2 years ago.

9222688.jpg
9222689.jpg
9139495.png

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4 (SPC edition)

Tried them, and another from Amazon, and neither worked. The ones in your picture have a curved ring, but the others all have thin, flat rings that don't stay on the lip of the buds.

If anyone runs across ones like these that will stay on the edge of the earbuds, let me know!

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #7,361 of 7,442
Hello, on the title it says $5, but here is 54€... whats going on?
https://www.amazon.es/Venture-Elect...rds=Venture+Electronics&qid=1581895613&sr=8-1

Im in the market for a replacement for my EB2. Disapointed because it broke only after a year, i wiggle the cable and left side goes in and out, i cant be arsed to try to solder it so i would rather buy one that hopefully is durable.

Sound wise is nice tho. I also remember enjoying the yuin pk3. So something along the lines of that sound I would like. Also, no mic or any extras.

Apr 21, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #7,363 of 7,442
got my VE Monk+ SPC edition today, just WOW

sound great and fine tuned out-of-box, the clarity was just right without foam (instead, foam made it sound more muddy)

really impressive compared to normal Monk+, I really look forward to listen again after enough burn-in 100 hr.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #7,364 of 7,442
This is unexpected, my VE Monk+ SPC sounds fine balance with foam now (not muddy anymore), after 50+ hour of usage and burn-in,

it won't sound as beautiful like princess or goddess, but instead it was fine natural and well balance, like the cute little girl that live in very natural, like the Red riding hood-

live happy in natural, might protect her grandma and might fight against wolf too~, small yet lives natural happily.

I can honestly say, I can happy listens to this earphone instead of my RE400, IM01 or full-size all day longs!, and that made me smile the brightest in my life~

happy listening was very true for this earphone~

Oct 16, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #7,365 of 7,442
IIRC, there was a balanced version of the Monk Plus. Has it been discontinued?
sorry, we have discontinued all balanced edition for all standard Monks,

so ppl bought them without knowing what it is...and u know how it iafterwards.

This is unexpected, my VE Monk+ SPC sounds fine balance with foam now (not muddy anymore), after 50+ hour of usage and burn-in,

it won't sound as beautiful like princess or goddess, but instead it was fine natural and well balance, like the cute little girl that live in very natural, like the Red riding hood-

live happy in natural, might protect her grandma and might fight against wolf too~, small yet lives natural happily.

I can honestly say, I can happy listens to this earphone instead of my RE400, IM01 or full-size all day longs!, and that made me smile the brightest in my life~

happy listening was very true for this earphone~

well , that is why I am keeping , more like a community choice thing~

haven't been on head-fi for ages ,

thx again for all your support

Cheers

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back