[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 4, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #7,128 of 7,442
Yeah.. I could have just handed you my extra had we meet in London Canjam. But got there on the 2nd day and I totally forgot to message you.
Thanks, but I wound up buying the Full Clear (and Monk Plus SPC) the same day they were available. :slight_smile:

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #7,130 of 7,442
It was supposed to be a limited run. They might not be back as the cable was hard to procure according to what Lee (from VE) said at one point.
the cable is NOT hard to do for the VE SPC~lol

might do more , might not do more, depends on the feedbacks~

Junkosha? yes~ a bit
4n pure silver oyaide? impossilbe.....

cheers

Lee

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #7,131 of 7,442
How many people have tried/compared the Makka Edition to the other Monk editions? Impressions?

I have been listening to iterations of the Monk since late 2015 beginning with the original. Thereafter, I listened much of last year to the Monk+ and also obtained the Candy. I felt that Candy and Monk+ were quite similar. Makka, however, I hear the greatest breadth of differentiation in sound compared to other versions. I hear more detail across the spectrum with Makka. Treble is more delineated than what I remember of Monk+ - tone and spaces are more defined. Makka pulls off the detail smoothly and it is not strident or fatiguing to me, whereas the last impressions I remember having of Monk+ were that treble was coming off as a bit harsh. Midrange shines as usual. Bass is tight and focused. It's hard to put into words...it's like everything is more detailed and up a notch yet manages to be smoother and easier to listen to (perhaps a slightly narrower stage???). Makka is definitely my favorite version of the Monk.

IMG_1472 (1).JPG

Aug 6, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #7,132 of 7,442
Had them for quite a while now. Best things about them are the price and vocal clarity, really good for listening to YouTube. Earpads are more durable than most other brands. In terms of music these aren't very impressive. Better than most cheapo buds, but that's it. Most of a time use them as a headset and YouTube.

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #7,133 of 7,442
What's the difference between Monk and Monk plus? I only see Monk Plus for sale. Also, is the $5 price for them only from Chinese shippers that take forever to send? I see the Monk plus on Amazon for $9(a bit more than expected).

Also, what works best for you all, foam type covering for buds?

Aug 6, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #7,134 of 7,442
What's the difference between Monk and Monk plus? I only see Monk Plus for sale. Also, is the $5 price for them only from Chinese shippers that take forever to send? I see the Monk plus on Amazon for $9(a bit more than expected).

Also, what works best for you all, foam type covering for buds?

The original Monk had different tuning and lower impedance (32ohm) compared to Monk Plus (64ohm) but you can no longer buy the original Monk, they were discontinued quite a while ago.

The higher Amazon price is for convenience because you will receive the item quicker compared to Aliexpress/Veclan.com, plus you also have the advantage of Amazon's refund policy should you not like the product.

Look at Brooko's review, he writes about the differences with the foam covers. Basically, the porous foams which come with the Monk Plus will add to the bass a little and reduce the treble (compared to no foams at all). If you use donut foams or thicker foams which come with the EX pack, then it will add a bit more bass.

Aug 8, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #7,135 of 7,442
How many people have tried/compared the Makka Edition to the other Monk editions? Impressions?
Makka,aka the full red monk, is the best monk, among all, even better than all clear monk (spc). Both ends extend more, details also seem to have been improved. I joked to Lee the next day when my Makka arrived, were you going to cease the production of asura.. Makka sounds so good that leaving a very little gap with ordinary Asura. Now, there is asura spc, that catch-me-if-you-can game continues.

So glad to have Lee and KK in this business. Making good sound is not special, making good sound and selling them at such affordable price made them the angels from heaven.

Aug 8, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #7,136 of 7,442
Where can I get the makka edition?

Aug 9, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #7,138 of 7,442
Makka,aka the full red monk, is the best monk, among all, even better than all clear monk (spc). Both ends extend more, details also seem to have been improved. I joked to Lee the next day when my Makka arrived, were you going to cease the production of asura.. Makka sounds so good that leaving a very little gap with ordinary Asura. Now, there is asura spc, that catch-me-if-you-can game continues.

So glad to have Lee and KK in this business. Making good sound is not special, making good sound and selling them at such affordable price made them the angels from heaven.

I would like to acquire an Asura at some point (SPC) version. I do enjoy the VE brand. I've tried a few other brands, but difficult for me to appreciate them when VE typically sounds better than most.

Aug 28, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #7,139 of 7,442
Venture Electronics Cables - MD Exclusive Blue

I purchased the 2-pin 2.5mm TRRS Balanced version, for the Empire Ears Zeus Remastered and Questyle Audio QP2R. Should be a blissful pairing!

Currently there is 4 days left on the drop. You can purchase various styles/connections of the MD Exclusive Blue, here.

takeallthemoney.gif
euromoney.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back