[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jul 20, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #7,098 of 7,442
It'll be nice to have a FR chart to compare the two. People are saying the SPC sounds better, but aren't they the same drivers?
they are the same drivers,

the cable, however, does make a difference,

I measured both candy and spc (and although this is hardly the best setup, using an iphone's mic and app and pink noise, it gives a good enough reading to be able to see the difference between earbuds),

the spc was really flat almost as flat as another earbud that measured, but isn't ruler flat it gives some emphasis on 2k-4khz region and candy are more u shaped with a sort of a valley between 250 and 2khz, but as Tyll from innerfidelity says graphs are only half the story

footnote, the measurements on the candy were from an old screenshot that I saved when it was new, and the measurement for the spc are also from an earbud that hasn't burned in

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #7,100 of 7,442
I personally like the Makka Edition the best. Unfortunately, they're near impossible to get.
I also have them, for me, they are more capable (or seem like it) than spc, they also seem a slightly more brighter, nothing like the seaf32, but bit more than normal monk +

I still really like them and have used them for blu-ray movies and general listening to music on itunes, with use I think even the cable is getting slightly more supple

Jul 21, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #7,101 of 7,442
I also have them, for me, they are more capable (or seem like it) than spc, they also seem a slightly more brighter, nothing like the seaf32, but bit more than normal monk +

I still really like them and have used them for blu-ray movies and general listening to music on itunes, with use I think even the cable is getting slightly more supple

I had to build my own... since I could never win them...
20170719_195513.jpg 20170719_195532.jpg 20170719_195602.jpg

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #7,103 of 7,442
Jul 23, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #7,104 of 7,442
Looks like an imitator to me! ...especially since they use the words "Monk Plus".

Anywhos, the Monk Plus SPC Edition is legit - burning it in, because why not. The clear housing is awesome as well.

Hmmmm... found them on aliexpress with very positive reviews, still rather sceptical though.

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #7,105 of 7,442
Hmmmm... found them on aliexpress with very positive reviews, still rather sceptical though.
I personally wouldn't get them just based on principal, but you're free to do whatever you'd like.

Good luck!

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #7,106 of 7,442
Weren't there rumors that VE would come out with the SPC cable only (2pin, mmcx and such)?
Any news about it?

I trust Lee regarding the cable quality. I must say that the original monks that came with the black cable might have looked cheap for the not knowing eye. But this cable is top quality. High number of copper strands, very good rubber and strain relief. In fact my original monks are still kicking after more than 2 years of daily usage.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #7,107 of 7,442
The SPC Monks are quite nice. Though, being limited quantity... I suggest snagging a pair. I just secured my second pair, but this time balanced. I do not know if there are many (if any) 3.5mm TRS left on VE website, you may have to check their Aliexpress store. @Vy7478 The brand that you mention, I've not heard. Though, on the earbud thread... there were many rave reviews for the NiceHCK EB200 earbuds that I did pick up. I found them to be good overall, but not the "Monk Killers" they claimed to be. They had a bit more bass, but because of that... I feel they were less refined throughout the spectrum vs the Monk. This is why they are now my Netflix earbuds.

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #7,110 of 7,442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back