Venture Electronics Thread
May 30, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #406 of 759
that was because the old MOE it was using the monk pro drivers. the difference was mainly the cable you got with it. either black litz or spc

MOPE is easier to drive being that its using a 32ohm LCP driver
I got the MOE with black litz, and MOPE was supposed to include the newer SPC-P cable (shows it for the 4.4 option on their site) but didn't for some reason. It came with the old SPC cable.

I talked with them and they sent an SPC-P cable that should arrive this week.

I do like the litz cable but boy is it a stiff, finicky thing.

May 30, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #407 of 759
I got the MOE with black litz, and MOPE was supposed to include the newer SPC-P cable (shows it for the 4.4 option on their site) but didn't for some reason. It came with the old SPC cable.

I talked with them and they sent an SPC-P cable that should arrive this week.

I do like the litz cable but boy is it a stiff, finicky thing.
yeah it is, its nice but you have to be cleanly shaven to even consider using it on the go

Jun 2, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #408 of 759
Venture Electronics SiE and Kiwi Ears Quartet

Not super detailed, but should give some indication on which is right for you. One who asked a few pages back, personally I would pick SiE.

Metal versus resin shell, both are equally comfortable for me. The shell is bigger on Quartet and sticks more out, while the SiE is much more heavy.

They are to my ears more similar than different, but yeah you will hear differences moving back and forth.

I would say that the overall bass is better done on SiE, while the impact of especially mid bass are bigger on Quartet.. But they are very close in the amount of sub bass. Biggest change is that the bass has the glide style on SiE and more tuck on Quartet, so depending on where the bass hits are one can be better and with more impact than the other.

Male vocals are almost always better for me on SiE since it's thicker, female vocals are cleaner on Quartet but a few songs can have some sharpness I don't like. So I rate them almost equal for females.

Instruments do sound more real on SiE and for the most part show more resolution.
Treble and airyness is very similar to me, maybe a little more bite in the SiE treble. Quartet is the one that sounds the most dark because of this.

Soundstage is larger on Quartet, but it feels more 3D on SiE.

Can compare them against each other on a few different tracks, used either my own files or hires streaming.

Really nice beat with great bass impact, special male vocal.

On SiE the main vocal is slightly thicker and more in focus than on Quartet.
The bass impact is very similar and the same for the amount, a very small amount more bass on SiE.

Not my music, but I use it as a test track for a friend who really loves Mizuki and J-Pop.
Fast technical track where it can sound congested on many IEMs, also great to check sibilance.

SiE and Quartet can keep up well enough, but not as good as some full BA sets(SA6, NP). I can hear more detail on Quartet, while it sounds more clean and coherent overall on SiE.

A slight sibilance tendency on both of them, more on Quartet than SiE.

K-Pop, fun track. Not for everyone, lately I have seen many korean series and movies with my wife and the music has followed also.

Sound overall a small amount more open and with better vocals on SiE. The bass is more present on Quartet, but at the same time has a harder edge to it making it less pleasing..

Soundstage is for some reason closer to my head on Quartet.

Both loved and hated by different Ihsahn fans. Great drums, bass, distorted guitar and vocal.

Can start with that opening, bass is bigger on SiE and has more detail. His vocal at start is also more detailed with more emotion on SiE.

When the main vocal is singing it's super clean with lots of emotion and the Quartet takes a win with smoothness, but again the slight more clearness makes the SiE more detailed.

Distorted guitar is also clearer with higher resolution on SiE.

Very recently I heard about Jp Cooper, who has a nice voice.

The bass drop is louder on Quartet here, the overall vocal from him is cleaner on Quartet and thicker on SiE. The cymbals are sharp on Quartet but not on SiE. When the intensity ramps up at the last part it's the Quartet that feels less congested and sharp.

Absolutely beautiful jazz track with Double Bass and Tenor Sax.

SiE and Quartet has wonderful details on both the breathiness and nuances of the gentle sax playing and the same for great detail on the bass player. What the Quartet does best here is to give a feel of larger space and a blacker background. Might be due to the overall thicker sound here on SiE, but a few times the Quartet is more forward on the bass so it becomes too much.

The whole album is great, here you get orchestra and beautiful vocal.

More detail on SiE and it sounds better done, the only thing I give the quartet here is that the soundstage is larger. SiE also nails the vocal slightly better.

Electronica track to test details and bass.

SiE does it perfectly, rattling my brain. And same goes for Quartet, the bass in both are very similar.Hard to say if one is better than the other here. The sound cues appear also here further away on Quartet.

One of my favorite Infected Mushroom tracks, sounds overall more pleasing and better done on SiE. A few parts have some edginess on Quartet that I do not like.

Can anyone compare VE SiE to Kiwi Ears Quartet (bass boosted on)? 🤔

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #409 of 759
Venture Electronics SiE and Kiwi Ears Quartet

Not super detailed, but should give some indication on which is right for you. One who asked a few pages back, personally I would pick SiE.

Metal versus resin shell, both are equally comfortable for me. The shell is bigger on Quartet and sticks more out, while the SiE is much more heavy.

They are to my ears more similar than different, but yeah you will hear differences moving back and forth.

I would say that the overall bass is better done on SiE, while the impact of especially mid bass are bigger on Quartet.. But they are very close in the amount of sub bass. Biggest change is that the bass has the glide style on SiE and more tuck on Quartet, so depending on where the bass hits are one can be better and with more impact than the other.

Male vocals are almost always better for me on SiE since it's thicker, female vocals are cleaner on Quartet but a few songs can have some sharpness I don't like. So I rate them almost equal for females.

Instruments do sound more real on SiE and for the most part show more resolution.
Treble and airyness is very similar to me, maybe a little more bite in the SiE treble. Quartet is the one that sounds the most dark because of this.

Soundstage is larger on Quartet, but it feels more 3D on SiE.

Can compare them against each other on a few different tracks, used either my own files or hires streaming.

Really nice beat with great bass impact, special male vocal.

On SiE the main vocal is slightly thicker and more in focus than on Quartet.
The bass impact is very similar and the same for the amount, a very small amount more bass on SiE.

Not my music, but I use it as a test track for a friend who really loves Mizuki and J-Pop.
Fast technical track where it can sound congested on many IEMs, also great to check sibilance.

SiE and Quartet can keep up well enough, but not as good as some full BA sets(SA6, NP). I can hear more detail on Quartet, while it sounds more clean and coherent overall on SiE.

A slight sibilance tendency on both of them, more on Quartet than SiE.

K-Pop, fun track. Not for everyone, lately I have seen many korean series and movies with my wife and the music has followed also.

Sound overall a small amount more open and with better vocals on SiE. The bass is more present on Quartet, but at the same time has a harder edge to it making it less pleasing..

Soundstage is for some reason closer to my head on Quartet.

Both loved and hated by different Ihsahn fans. Great drums, bass, distorted guitar and vocal.

Can start with that opening, bass is bigger on SiE and has more detail. His vocal at start is also more detailed with more emotion on SiE.

When the main vocal is singing it's super clean with lots of emotion and the Quartet takes a win with smoothness, but again the slight more clearness makes the SiE more detailed.

Distorted guitar is also clearer with higher resolution on SiE.

Very recently I heard about Jp Cooper, who has a nice voice.

The bass drop is louder on Quartet here, the overall vocal from him is cleaner on Quartet and thicker on SiE. The cymbals are sharp on Quartet but not on SiE. When the intensity ramps up at the last part it's the Quartet that feels less congested and sharp.

Absolutely beautiful jazz track with Double Bass and Tenor Sax.

SiE and Quartet has wonderful details on both the breathiness and nuances of the gentle sax playing and the same for great detail on the bass player. What the Quartet does best here is to give a feel of larger space and a blacker background. Might be due to the overall thicker sound here on SiE, but a few times the Quartet is more forward on the bass so it becomes too much.

The whole album is great, but here you get the orchestra and beautiful vocals.

More detail on SiE and it sounds better done, the only thing I give the quartet here is that the soundstage is larger. SiE also nails the vocal slightly better.

Electronica track to test details and bass.

SiE does it perfectly, rattling my brain. And same goes for Quartet, the bass in both are very similar.Hard to say if one is better than the other here. The sound cues appear also here further away on Quartet.

One of my favorite Infected Mushroom tracks, sounds overall more pleasing and better done on SiE. A few parts have some edginess on Quartet that I do not like.

Thanks for the highly informative comparison. Examples with tracks helped me better understand how both sound and differ — I appreciate your time and effort in that post. :raised_hands:

Jun 3, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #410 of 759
Thanks for the highly informative comparison. Examples with tracks helped me better understand how both sound and differ — I appreciate your time and effort in that post. :raised_hands:
There was someone else also asking about the same, so I took some time last day to compare. Happy to help :beyersmile:

Jun 8, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #411 of 759
I think it's been a year since I last used these bois, I forgot that I have them lol

BIE Pro needs some appreciation too y'know, bass cannon yet no bleed to mid or high, I actually feels this one really synergies with Megatron (4.4mm)

FB_IMG_1686227698718.jpg

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #412 of 759
I think it's been a year since I last used these bois, I forgot that I have them lol

BIE Pro needs some appreciation too y'know, bass cannon yet no bleed to mid or high, I actually feels this one really synergies with Megatron (4.4mm)

FB_IMG_1686227698718.jpg
Got mine plugged into the ears right now, with some old school Drum & Bass. Magic

Jun 9, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #413 of 759
I wasn't the biggest fan of the MOE sound. To me, they're like the Monk Plus SPC but a bit worse.

MOPE, on the other hand, is pretty great.
Everything in its own time, I guess.

Monk Omega, black litz, the softer, denser VE foam, killing it today with Megatron and dance music on BBC Radio 1.

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #414 of 759
just got this for like a day

introducing the Zen SL, 300 ohms

IMG_20230617_203637_484.jpg

IMG_20230617_231607_123.jpg

the new Jack looks really premium
IMG_20230617_233141.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #416 of 759
Jun 17, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #418 of 759
just got this for like a day

introducing the Zen SL, 300 ohms

IMG_20230617_203637_484.jpg

IMG_20230617_231607_123.jpg
the new Jack looks really premium
IMG_20230617_233141.jpg
What's the overall sound signature on this ? Warm, cold, neutral ?

Jun 17, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #419 of 759
Jun 18, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #420 of 759
Posting my love letter to the APWS, an earbud close to my heart and perfect for my libary. Thanks to @Charlyro222 for introducing me to this set!

APWS2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back