Venture Electronics Thread
Jan 27, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #271 of 747
My SIE landed. A grown up/matured BIE PRO IMHO. Very good and such a bargain. Tuning is spot on.

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #272 of 747
Currently burning mine in but liking what I’ve heard so far. They are relatively heavy but still comfortable and looks and feels well built. Reminds me of these
AFC38EAC-AE66-461D-ADA3-3239D97F636E.jpeg

Feb 3, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #273 of 747
Couldn't bite the money bullet and go all the way through with getting the Monk Pro Vita, even though was exceptionally tempted, but I did just place my birthday order.

Got the Megatron with mic and 75 ohm impedance adapter, got the full set of the other impedance adapters, the Monk V2S 4.4 with 4.4 Abigail Pro, some foams for my Koss sets, and a Monk Plus Smoke with mic and 3.5 Abigail Pro to give to someone.

I tried to get a 4.4 female to 3.5 adapter, but I guess they are out of stock. I fiddled with the custom adapter page but couldn't get it figured out. I guess I'm open to suggestions there. I don't have any other 4.4 gear besides what I got in this order.

Thanks for the help, all! Maybe I'll check out the Pro Vita next year.

Feb 4, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #275 of 747
Relaxing Saturday evening.
IMG_20230204_203754.jpg

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #276 of 747
Is VE SIE worthy enough to be called Grand Duke Baby Brother? In my opinions it is Yes.

Sie shell is just perfect for my ear, it is more comfortable than his big brother.

How about sound wise ? Sie stage is not as grand as GD, but it has lusher and more pleasing vocal to my ear especially with female vocal.

It is really hard not to recommend VE SIE. It has amazing sound and at this price it is a bargain.

Kudos to Lee and VE teams who make this iem possible for us.

Have a good weekends all.

20230205_093954.jpg

Feb 6, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #277 of 747
For freebie thrown in as part of my first order with Venture. The Monk Plus surpasses my thoughts of how well an earbud can sound.

My previous Sennheiser & Sony buds never sounded this good. What's more surprising is this Monk Plus is only $5 and can be throw in as a freebie for other things ordered.

Paired with the Megatron it punches way above its weight. It doesn't have the quite have subbass or technical chops of some of its competitors but exceeds, imo, where most fail. Providing sound reproduction in a way you can enjoy the music.
20230205_211859.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #279 of 747
Could you compare SiE and Penon Serial? Thank you.
SIE is punchy and clear, Serial is warm and huge. Both are unusual, but the Serial far more so.

The SIE is good for it’s price, especially when paired with the fantastic Vita cable that it comes with. It really brings out details and adds airiness. While crisp and defined, the SIE is not harsh. It really is a very capable IEM.

In contrast the Serial is unique, with an easy listening warmth that flatters almost anything you play. Less crisp and defined but with lots of character. It’s also about double the price, more so if you upgrade the cable (I use an ISN S2 for added details).

Of the two I personally prefer the Serial, even allowing for the difference in cost. It is a joy to listen to when you want something musical rather than technical. The SIE is still very good, a real contender at its price point.

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #280 of 747
Guys, which one of the Monk line would be an upgrade from the Monk Plus? Iike their almost relaxed sound signature, but maybe a bit less bass and a bit more air would do it for my music genere. From what I've read I'm tented to say the Monk V2S would meet my needs. What do you think?

Btw: is there a difference between the standard transparent Monk Plus and the Black Monk Plus that is circling in Amazon USA?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #281 of 747
Guys, which one of the Monk line would be an upgrade from the Monk Plus? Iike their almost relaxed sound signature, but maybe a bit less bass and a bit more air would do it for my music genere. From what I've read I'm tented to say the Monk V2S would meet my needs. What do you think?

Btw: is there a difference between the standard transparent Monk Plus and the Black Monk Plus that is circling in Amazon USA?
v2s is quite similar to the initial monk that was released world wide, aka the monk v2. prior version was a china exclusive

the black monk plus on the amazon listings might be the ones that came out after the v2 was pulled as it had sudden death issues where the driver basically dies suddenly.

Feb 10, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #283 of 747
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #284 of 747
well it kinda depends on the source. the monks tend to favour warm sources. the V2S are more on the neutral side but with more punch. it has tall headroom, and over all is a very balanced experience. its more akin to a mini VE Master

also something i posted a while ago
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/venture-electronics-—-appreciation-thread.963357/post-17170105
Great mini review. I’ll purchase it (along with another pair of monk plus cuz those are fantastic). I must admit in the end I spend more hours listening to the Monk than my Moondrop Chaconne. The chaconne are amazing, but the highs are pretty aggressive sometimes it fatigues me. I then put the Monk Plus and it doesn’t feel too different but more relaxed and enjoyable.

Anyway, I’ll try the V2s. How is scalability on those btw? I mean the Monk Plus are fantastic in that regard.

Feb 10, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #285 of 747
Great mini review. I’ll purchase it (along with another pair of monk plus cuz those are fantastic). I must admit in the end I spend more hours listening to the Monk than my Moondrop Chaconne. The chaconne are amazing, but the highs are pretty aggressive sometimes it fatigues me. I then put the Monk Plus and it doesn’t feel too different but more relaxed and enjoyable.

Anyway, I’ll try the V2s. How is scalability on those btw? I mean the Monk Plus are fantastic in that regard.
in regards to the v2s it might not scale as high as the monk plus, (like plugging them into a desktop amp and getting way more clarity, etc) but it does come with the benefit of being 32ohms only. easy to drive, without the need of an amp.

i have the same feeling with the chaconne, but with how sharp i perceive the highs, it ends up hurting my ears, can barely listen to those for more then a few minutes. it was one of the more expensive buds i was thinking about before i started to know about VE

also do get the 4.4mm version of the v2s. they sound wider and due to how wide the headroom is and its technicalities are further enhanced they are when compared to the 3.5mm version.

also i would also recommend snatching the abigail pro 4.4mm as well if you have not already. the v2s should still have the bundle available. if im not mistaken its basically getting the abigail pro at half price.

its loaded with a custom firmware and its actually more powerful then the old not by ve abigail.

oh and fyi, the monk plus is technically the 5th version right now, iirc it sounds slightly different then the monk plus you have, but only slightly. its tends to show up when running on a desktop amp, slightly less bass, and abit more forward in the mids. you can tell if you see a small VE logo on the driver cover

also if you are able to maybe try looking at the Monk Pro Vita, they are for me the coalescence of what the monk series is.
little something i wrote about them sometime ago
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/venture-electronics-—-appreciation-thread.963357/post-17137913

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back