Venture Electronics Thread
Jan 2, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #256 of 747
Got both sie and zen 3 šŸ˜€
Nice! I went with the SIE and Abigail Pro (amazing value dongle at $5 right now).

The full list of discounts, from the VE Facebook page:

C6AD8F0C-C7FF-4916-8483-36966DEA6938.jpeg

There are about 40 hours left of the 48 as I am posting this.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #257 of 747
The SIE is now available, ~$130 normal price but ~$100 early price (including the very good Vita cable). If you have the BIE, BIE Pro or Azure then you can get a significant discount if you send them a message before checking out.
Only on VEClan.com? Canā€™t see it on AE.

Jan 3, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #258 of 747
Only on VEClan.com? Canā€™t see it on AE.
Make an order on Veclan site but don't pay. Send a message through Veclan site with order number and they will take care of you.

Jan 3, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #259 of 747
Make an order on Veclan site but don't pay. Send a message through Veclan site with order number and they will take care of you.
Thanks!

Order confirmed. Excited!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #260 of 747
Updated Endgame carry case, new denser foam, now houses my Endgame Stack, 10k mah Power bank, Sun Dice, Zen 3.0, Zen Lite Vita, Asura 3.0FE
photo_2023-01-05_13-14-32.jpg

Jan 7, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #262 of 747
Today I have been listening to the VE Zen 3.0, I liked it a lot, wide, transparent sound and very rich in nuances, quite impressed with this, very good build quality and cables. it is less warm than zen 2, which made me happy.

20230107_090239.jpg
20230107_090226.jpg

SIE has seemed much better than BIEpro, being more neutral without being boring at all, and a more interesting IEM than Azure (the latter is very correct, but it was missing something, which is what SIE brings to the game), seeing the offers that you have published here I think it is an offer for the price that is very difficult to beat....

20230107_103717.jpg

and luckily I listened to GD again, I missed it... with this cable... it's even better, the bass is juicier and more precise...

Thanks @Charlyro222 !!!!

20230107_095538.jpg

Jan 11, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #263 of 747
Today I have been listening to the VE Zen 3.0, I liked it a lot, wide, transparent sound and very rich in nuances, quite impressed with this, very good build quality and cables. it is less warm than zen 2, which made me happy.

20230107_090239.jpg
20230107_090226.jpg

SIE has seemed much better than BIEpro, being more neutral without being boring at all, and a more interesting IEM than Azure (the latter is very correct, but it was missing something, which is what SIE brings to the game), seeing the offers that you have published here I think it is an offer for the price that is very difficult to beat....

20230107_103717.jpg

and luckily I listened to GD again, I missed it... with this cable... it's even better, the bass is juicier and more precise...

Thanks @Charlyro222 !!!!

20230107_095538.jpg

Woah!! Nice collections u have there! I hope I could afford GD someday lol :joy:
Nice reviews on the SIE, glad to know it is more neutral than BIEPro, I'm fr gonna get it.

Jan 19, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #264 of 747
Good morning, all!

Looking for suggestions for a birthday gift to myself.

Big fan of VE products, but not swimming in dough like others seem to be. I've got a few different earbuds already, and hopefully I can get some direction on what to get next.

Currently have the Monk Plus, Monk Plus SPC, Monk Lite, Monk Lite 120 ohms, Monk SM, and (non-pro) Abigail. The ones I use most are the Plus, Lite 120, and SM. Plus is my choice at work since it's my oldest and cheapest pair. SM is my casual go-to at home. The Lite 120 is what I use for more focused listening, probably the best sounding set to me of the bunch, but the Monk Plus is my tried and true standard. Discovered I really like warm sets.

I think I'm not audiophile enough to hear nuance in amps or cable materials, so the Monk Plus SPC versus the Monk Plus doesn't really make much of difference to my ears. I also really don't like the lower impedance Lite AT ALL. I have a pair Etymotic ER4P that I break out from time to time. Definitely the priciest audio equipment I own. I like them, but I'm not the biggest fan of isolation nowadays. I got them almost 20 years ago. I've also bought a million Koss KSC75 sets over the years. Not actually a million, maybe closer to 10, but still. Mostly use them for console gaming.

So all that said, the earbud products I've checked out on the VE clan site are the V2S (probably last place though and not a real option), MOE and Monk Omega Pro Edition (not all that sure what the difference between them is), and Master. I'll probably get the Abigail Pro with whatever I get even though I'm not savvy enough to hear the benefits of it probably. It's cheap enough to throw in.

And that brings me to my curiosity with the Megatron. My usually listening scenario is split between uninterrupted listening while working at home, quieter listening at work (no amp needed, really), and more casual listening at home that also wouldn't need an amp. Those last two situations I don't have volume up loud at all and also need to pay attention to my surroundings. I could use the Megatron for the working from home moments, which is about 50% of my weekly work hours, so it would see some time. I'm just not sure I would benefit from it. I listen exclusively with a Samsung Galaxy S10. I use the Abigail (currently with the Lite 120) for music with UAPP and Spotify, and don't use the dongle if I'm streaming or watching videos.

My budget is less than $100, ideally about $50 or only slightly above that. I'm not getting all of these things, so I'm hoping for help in making some decisions. I'm not in a hurry. Birthday isn't for a month, and I know they're not shipping anything right away due to the new year holiday.

I guess I'm mostly trying to decide between one of the earbuds or the Megatron.

Anyway, thanks for reading my novel. Could really use some help!

Jan 19, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #265 of 747
Good morning, all!

Looking for suggestions for a birthday gift to myself.

Big fan of VE products, but not swimming in dough like others seem to be. I've got a few different earbuds already, and hopefully I can get some direction on what to get next.

Currently have the Monk Plus, Monk Plus SPC, Monk Lite, Monk Lite 120 ohms, Monk SM, and (non-pro) Abigail. The ones I use most are the Plus, Lite 120, and SM. Plus is my choice at work since it's my oldest and cheapest pair. SM is my casual go-to at home. The Lite 120 is what I use for more focused listening, probably the best sounding set to me of the bunch, but the Monk Plus is my tried and true standard. Discovered I really like warm sets.

I think I'm not audiophile enough to hear nuance in amps or cable materials, so the Monk Plus SPC versus the Monk Plus doesn't really make much of difference to my ears. I also really don't like the lower impedance Lite AT ALL. I have a pair Etymotic ER4P that I break out from time to time. Definitely the priciest audio equipment I own. I like them, but I'm not the biggest fan of isolation nowadays. I got them almost 20 years ago. I've also bought a million Koss KSC75 sets over the years. Not actually a million, maybe closer to 10, but still. Mostly use them for console gaming.

So all that said, the earbud products I've checked out on the VE clan site are the V2S (probably last place though and not a real option), MOE and Monk Omega Pro Edition (not all that sure what the difference between them is), and Master. I'll probably get the Abigail Pro with whatever I get even though I'm not savvy enough to hear the benefits of it probably. It's cheap enough to throw in.

And that brings me to my curiosity with the Megatron. My usually listening scenario is split between uninterrupted listening while working at home, quieter listening at work (no amp needed, really), and more casual listening at home that also wouldn't need an amp. Those last two situations I don't have volume up loud at all and also need to pay attention to my surroundings. I could use the Megatron for the working from home moments, which is about 50% of my weekly work hours, so it would see some time. I'm just not sure I would benefit from it. I listen exclusively with a Samsung Galaxy S10. I use the Abigail (currently with the Lite 120) for music with UAPP and Spotify, and don't use the dongle if I'm streaming or watching videos.

My budget is less than $100, ideally about $50 or only slightly above that. I'm not getting all of these things, so I'm hoping for help in making some decisions. I'm not in a hurry. Birthday isn't for a month, and I know they're not shipping anything right away due to the new year holiday.

I guess I'm mostly trying to decide between one of the earbuds or the Megatron.

Anyway, thanks for reading my novel. Could really use some help!
ok so
MOE is using an older driver. it should be the Monk Plus driver thats 60 ohms
MOPE is using the Monk Pro Vita driver. its 32 ohms

MOE needs abit more to drive, but currently its only available with the old spc cable (Monk Plus SPC basically) and the black litz cable.
the black litz cable gives it a more vocal forward focus

The MOPE comes with the abigail pro embedded in the cable
its sound is closer to the V2S, but with a more airy and neutral note. not as bassy as the Monk Plus, but definitely a warm type of sound

now for the megatron, personally if you can do get it. abigail is not really able to power the monk lite 120ohm.
you would get a wider and cleaner sound by using the megatron with your gear, but i do forsee you may get some hissing with the megatron with your etymotics.
you can get the impedance adapters to work around that.

VE Master is an more like an in between the tuning of monk and zen series

also the V2S is a really solid all rounder.
if you arent keen on getting new gear, i would say get the megatron. it can also double as a line out to powered speakers.
just be careful of the volume on the megatron. its basically 4 times louder then abigail (abi has like .8vrms, abi pro is around 1.4-1.8vrms, megatron is 4vrms)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #266 of 747
ok so
MOE is using an older driver. it should be the Monk Plus driver thats 60 ohms
MOPE is using the Monk Pro Vita driver. its 32 ohms

MOE needs abit more to drive, but currently its only available with the old spc cable (Monk Plus SPC basically) and the black litz cable.
the black litz cable gives it a more vocal forward focus

The MOPE comes with the abigail pro embedded in the cable
its sound is closer to the V2S, but with a more airy and neutral note. not as bassy as the Monk Plus, but definitely a warm type of sound

now for the megatron, personally if you can do get it. abigail is not really able to power the monk lite 120ohm.
you would get a wider and cleaner sound by using the megatron with your gear, but i do forsee you may get some hissing with the megatron with your etymotics.
you can get the impedance adapters to work around that.

VE Master is an more like an in between the tuning of monk and zen series

also the V2S is a really solid all rounder.
if you arent keen on getting new gear, i would say get the megatron. it can also double as a line out to powered speakers.
just be careful of the volume on the megatron. its basically 4 times louder then abigail (abi has like .8vrms, abi pro is around 1.4-1.8vrms, megatron is 4vrms)
Thank you for the detailed response!

I think I'm looking at maybe both the Megatron and MOPE. Probably place the order some time next week.

With the MOPE, I'd prefer the 3.5 plug instead of the Abigail USB C end just so I can use it with anything. The 3.5 cable looks like it's the SPC though? I just don't like not being able to plug it into stuff without USB C.

Jan 24, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #267 of 747
Thank you for the detailed response!

I think I'm looking at maybe both the Megatron and MOPE. Probably place the order some time next week.

With the MOPE, I'd prefer the 3.5 plug instead of the Abigail USB C end just so I can use it with anything. The 3.5 cable looks like it's the SPC though? I just don't like not being able to plug it into stuff without USB C.
personally i would recommend getting the Monk Pro Vita which is a few steps above, and having a balanced plug really affects the sound as well for VE gear.

so either get the MOPE and one of the cables from VE (please dont get the spc cable as its quite lack luster when compared to either the vita cable or black litz)

either the vita or the sdic cables are quite good.
also since you are gonna get the megatron, get the abigail pro 4.4mm as well.

but its entirely up to you. due to a shipping error i got both the Monk Pro Vita in both 3.5mm and 4.4mm. the sound differences are really apparent. from the sound stage to how the details are played

and yes the other options come with the MOPE is the old SPC cables. its basically a monk plus spc at that point with a slightly less warm and bassy note

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #268 of 747
Just got the SIE and thought Iā€™d give some impressions.

This is the IEM I hoped the Azure would be: crisply detailed with a solid bass. It scales with cables and sources very well, as you would expect from VE.

The included MMCX Vita cable is excellent. For those who donā€™t know it, it looks like a thin copper cable but has enhanced air and detail without compromising bass and body. Absolutely one of my favourite cables, well worth the premium price tag.

The SIE sounds like the ~$100 IEM it is, and the intense golden looks actually do suit the sound. Iā€™m very pleased to have this, and the included Vita makes for a fantastic package. With the ā€œupgrade and keepā€ discount, this was an absolute bargain.

Jan 27, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #269 of 747
My box came in today and I'm throughly impressed with the sheer build quality and sound you get for money. Lee & his team are true enthusiasts. ZEN 3.0 earbud sounds like a Headphone. SIE is a fantastic single DD IEM that has character. Megatron is whoa! What can I say it may be the best in terms of portable amp/dac you can grab. And the Abigail Pro dongles are superb if you just want to pick up and go and need a dac.

I'll have more impressions in the coming weeks as I burn them in and listen. But I'm definitely a supporter of VE and their products.
20230126_200003.jpg

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #270 of 747
Just got the SIE and thought Iā€™d give some impressions.

This is the IEM I hoped the Azure would be: crisply detailed with a solid bass. It scales with cables and sources very well, as you would expect from VE.

This is what I hoped to hear about the SIE. It will be some time more before mine arrives but Iā€™m looking forward to it.

The included MMCX Vita cable is excellent. For those who donā€™t know it, it looks like a thin copper cable but has enhanced air and detail without compromising bass and body. Absolutely one of my favourite cables, well worth the premium price tag.

+1 for the Vita. Very aptly named cable for the sonic qualities. I like it so much Iā€™ve since ordered two more, including the one that is permanently attached to my Vortex. Great ergonomics as well - little microphonics, very compact, supple, doesnā€™t tangle.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back