Venture Electronics Thread
Jun 30, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #451 of 764
Interesting color scheme on that ^

Well, fell in love with the Monk Go Final today.

20230630_142631.jpg

I've had them for a few days, burning in and getting used to the neutrality. It was starting to click, then I added the donut, and voila! Brought out more of the low end I was missing and toned down some of the harshness.

Jul 1, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #452 of 764
Had a wonderful evening with Asura 3.0 last day, must admit I fell asleep with them. Same as the Zen 3.0 this give you a remarkable sound. Knowing this is only the mid tier offerings from VE, I do wonder how their TOTL stuff is. Not the most bassy set the Asura, but wonderfully mid and treble that pair really good with jazz or orchestral works.

Right now I am having a break from a IEM review and listening to Asura and this album: Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery, wonderful.

1688215407314.png

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #454 of 764
Hello,
I'd be interested to hear your opinion on this Asura.
Thank you.

I have both models.
APWS is a step ahead from Apw, for me apws shells are stunning.
Soundstage and mid highs are also better on APWS.

Jul 3, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #456 of 764
I have both models.
APWS is a step ahead from Apw, for me apws shells are stunning.
Soundstage and mid highs are also better on APWS.

The Shining shells are the comfiest bud I've tried. Small enough to sit in the concha and rest against the anti-tragus. I probably wouldn't exercise with them because there's no neck to grip the tragus area but for seated listening (the majority of what I do) there's nothing more comfortable. It's a smaller bell to the Sun Copper / DICE / Zen SU.

This is already an incredible recording but music like this has been made for APWS and shines brighter through it.

So excited to receive my Zen SU and Defiant next week, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #457 of 764
The Shining shells are the comfiest bud I've tried. Small enough to sit in the concha and rest against the anti-tragus. I probably wouldn't exercise with them because there's no neck to grip the tragus area but for seated listening (the majority of what I do) there's nothing more comfortable. It's a smaller bell to the Sun Copper / DICE / Zen SU.

This is already an incredible recording but music like like has been made for APWS and shines brighter through it.

So excited to receive my Zen SU and Defiant next week, fingers crossed!

I know you have not yet received the Zen SU but how is it supposed to sound? Or what is it’s signature? I’m working on an order for the APWS with Lee now but curious about the Zen SU also.

Thank you for the great music recommendations as always!

Jul 3, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #458 of 764
I know you have not yet received the Zen SU but how is it supposed to sound? Or what is it’s signature? I’m working on an order for the APWS with Lee now but curious about the Zen SU also.

Thank you for the great music recommendations as always!

I've spent a month or two with the Zen SU thanks to a fellow headfiers generosity, so I'm quite familiar with how it sounds from the sources I tested. However, I am fairly convinced I was underpowering it on all devices. Until I listen to it with an appropriate source/amp I'm going to reserve judgement on tonality / techs. Suffice to say it convinced me enough to purchase the Defiant to see what it's all about.

I should be able to comment in the next week or two.

You're welcome for the music recommendations. As a community I don't think we share enough of it on discussion threads, it does help to give context to what each person values.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #459 of 764
My first Venture Electronics Bud ordered! Asura Pure White Shining on the way.

Looking forward to it! Thank you @ian91 and Lee for the help.

Jul 4, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #460 of 764

Enjoy!

Also, what a great entry-point for your first VE earbud...!

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #461 of 764

Bravo, I'm in the same boat "My first Venture Electronics Bud ordered! Asura Pure White Shining" and look forward to hearing from Sam. Thanks again here, to ian91 for his review and to Lee for the very good contact.

Jul 4, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #462 of 764
Congrats and welcome to Veclan family, tons of enjoyment are awaiting

Jul 7, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #464 of 764
Yes ! it's a great Day, Lee sent me the VE APWS tracking number i
Cheers, Lee i

Exciting! When I first heard the APWS I had to revisit all of my library just to hear how it rendered them. It's very revealing and also convincingly 'real' to my ears. Very hard to put it into words that sound but I think its the fact that the drivers properties and tuning fit so well together. The only shortfall is that imaging is less precise than some other sets.

I've got my tracking number for the Zen SU and Defiant. Until they arrive I'm in great company with my APWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back