Venture Electronics Thread
Nov 5, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #196 of 747
I'm really enjoying the BIE Pro's. Suits my library very well. They are bass cannons without lacking in detail or being muddy. Lovers of electronica, especially deeper dubby styles - these are built for you!

Nov 5, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #197 of 747
hohoho
IMG_20221105_234444_454.jpg

Nov 6, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #198 of 747
Lee's giving us jabs right and left with his sudden news of upcoming projects lol, it's like he intentionally makes me hyped everyday lmao

VE MONK.PNG

Still, dunno what's this about tho, but hopefully it's something worth waiting for, btw it sure looks like the VEPRO logo, so maybe, maybe it's earbuds (mainly Monk series) for professional use like Supernova.

This is some hood shii lmao, looking verrryy bright, gonna be a nice contrast for my current collection lol

Nov 7, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #199 of 747
oh look
650ce8a8134033e30355bf74915e77e.jpg

Nov 7, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #200 of 747
Nov 7, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #201 of 747
Good news, Lee's finally open order for SIE, early bird deals that came from Lee's are always a stealdeal lol.
For you guys that have bought Azure can get a discount as much as $39.98, it's basically a free SIE along with VITA Cable lmao

SIE.PNG

Btw, what does KTA stands for lol :joy:

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #202 of 747
Good news, Lee's finally open order for SIE, early bird deals that came from Lee's are always a stealdeal lol.
For you guys that have bought Azure can get a discount as much as $39.98, it's basically a free SIE along with VITA Cable lmao

SIE.PNG
Wow considering the cost of Vita cable itself, this is an absolute bargain. Wish I saw the Azure for sale. Still happy with BIE pro discount.

It’s a shame my ears are not compatible with earbuds, as would love to try VE buds but my wallet is thankful.

Nov 8, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #203 of 747

Btw, what does KTA stands for lol :joy:
I bought an Azure with a Vita cable deal...and frankly, I was rather disappointed. I tried with many cables, apart form the Vita, and burnt it in for many hours...but the end result was still disappointing. Boomy bass, thin and pushed back midrange, peaky upper mids and lower treble, slightly rolled off upper treble, kind of congested stage. For the price it was offered, totally was not worth it, especially when Tanchjim Ola at a lower price point and Celest Gumiho at a similar price point delivers much better performance, much balanced, much more airy presentation, much more well bodied and defined notes...just all over better packages completely. VITA cable was outstanding, but Azure was the polar opposite for me. Given this experience, in spite of the lucrative discount and deal, I would rather give it a hard pass.

I really really tried everything to get it to sound better, but in the end understood one cannot change the inherent tuning. Frankly, it felt like an ongoing project for me, half-baked, unfinished.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #204 of 747
It seems like everyone started to receive their October event hauls, seeing all of those V2S photos making me jealous lol :joy:
(All photos' credits go to respective owners)
313296863_5132205723551812_8027728553362825397_n.jpg
314341243_5120557558049962_3078834040770378751_n.jpg

314489294_1369635077175210_198835782806248931_n.jpg
313862711_5561009560653786_7397933066098118923_n.jpg

Needless to say that I am hyped for mine to arrive too!

I bought an Azure with a Vita cable deal...and frankly, I was rather disappointed. I tried with many cables, apart form the Vita, and burnt it in for many hours...but the end result was still disappointing. Boomy bass, thin and pushed back midrange, peaky upper mids and lower treble, slightly rolled off upper treble, kind of congested stage. For the price it was offered, totally was not worth it, especially when Tanchjim Ola at a lower price point and Celest Gumiho at a similar price point delivers much better performance, much balanced, much more airy presentation, much more well bodied and defined notes...just all over better packages completely. VITA cable was outstanding, but Azure was the polar opposite for me. Given this experience, in spite of the lucrative discount and deal, I would rather give it a hard pass.

I really really tried everything to get it to sound better, but in the end understood one cannot change the inherent tuning. Frankly, it felt like an ongoing project for me, half-baked, unfinished.

I am sorry to hear that; since I don't own Azure I don't know what to say except that this is a good thing from consumer's point of views perspective, I hope Lee sees this and take it into consideration when making future IEMs.

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #205 of 747
It's rare for Lee to talk about cable, lest about polling of RCA cable. What do you guys vote for?

RCA Polling.PNG

If y'all still remember Lee's post a week ago:

RCA.PNG

If I were to guess, seems like Lee's going to make various lengths of RCA cables using the new Monk cable that debuted in Monk GF. Lee really doesn't go back with his words "we take care of our own" :joy:

It'll only be a matter of time before we going to see Megatron drives speaker setup lolol

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #206 of 747
IMG_20221111_223711_729.jpg

update on VE AZURE!

Also i just received my MOPE

So some initial thoughts

over all compared to the old MOE, the mold on this incarnation is really good, no sharp edges at the sides of the buds and it kinda melts into your ear

IMG_20221111_223612.jpg

now as for the sound, on the abigail 2pin (.78mm) cable it sounds quite nice. at this point it sounds like a lighter version of the MPV. with a slightly more airy feel.
getting the same vibes you get from the monk lite as well
IMG_20221111_223557.jpg

and since this earbud is made to be modular im gonna see how close it is to the MPV

IMG_20221111_223624.jpg

for those who have the VITA cable, you are in for a treat, i would categorised the sound as an in between of the asura and monk series.

over all it may have less bass and that sub woofer like feel of the MPV, but it gains a wider headroom as well as having clearer vocals. so neutral with a hint of boosted mids.

frankly these are something i would recommend if you are a fan of the asura 3.0fe. over all lighter and has the DNA of the asura built in.
they are a good candidate for work if you have to respond and talk to people alot. once again lee and kk did some magic here

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #207 of 747
IMG_20221111_223711_729.jpg
update on VE AZURE!

Also i just received my MOPE

So some initial thoughts

over all compared to the old MOE, the mold on this incarnation is really good, no sharp edges at the sides of the buds and it kinda melts into your ear

IMG_20221111_223612.jpg

now as for the sound, on the abigail 2pin (.78mm) cable it sounds quite nice. at this point it sounds like a lighter version of the MPV. with a slightly more airy feel.
getting the same vibes you get from the monk lite as well
IMG_20221111_223557.jpg
and since this earbud is made to be modular im gonna see how close it is to the MPV

IMG_20221111_223624.jpg
for those who have the VITA cable, you are in for a treat, i would categorised the sound as an in between of the asura and monk series.

over all it may have less bass and that sub woofer like feel of the MPV, but it gains a wider headroom as well as having clearer vocals. so neutral with a hint of boosted mids.

frankly these are something i would recommend if you are a fan of the asura 3.0fe. over all lighter and has the DNA of the asura built in.
they are a good candidate for work if you have to respond and talk to people alot. once again lee and kk did some magic here

I was about to post Lee's newest (rant?) update, I've read the posts for like maybe around 5 times and I still don't get most of the context lmao
can someone tl;dr me?

Nice review for the MOPE, can't wait for mine to arrive, I also bought it with the VITA cable so I'm veryyy hyped to get mine lol, btw how hard does MOPE need to be driven? Also have you tried to pair MOPE with the good 'ol black litz cable?

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #208 of 747
I was about to post Lee's newest (rant?) update, I've read the posts for like maybe around 5 times and I still don't get most of the context lmao
can someone tl;dr me?

Nice review for the MOPE, can't wait for mine to arrive, I also bought it with the VITA cable so I'm veryyy hyped to get mine lol, btw how hard does MOPE need to be driven? Also have you tried to pair MOPE with the good 'ol black litz cable?
soo the tl;dr is basically
1. all purchases of azure will get the actual stock cable, as apposed to what ever you got right now, same with tips, aka cable and tips that actually match azure tuning
2. azure is going to be limited, depending on demand. lee will probably stop after a while as azure is labour intensive, but will invest in something higher end with the azure in mind
---
im gonna try with MOPE with black litz a little later. but im expecting it to sound like the zen lite with probably less meat in the bass.

---
edit,
ok tried with black litz, it became more technical. instrument placements were clearer and more present and wider.
sub bass has also increased so theres abit more umph into drums and bass guitars.
now the vocals and mids have become clearer and more clearly defined.
man this is gonna be a challenge to choose which cable i run these on

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #209 of 747

I have the Azure with the stock cable, and I disagree. I do not hear boomy bass whatsoever. For example, BIE with the stock tips is what I'd say is valid to be considered boomy. I was listening to the Azure with my iBasso DX320 + AMP12, and I also used some generic foam tips. This price range is so crowded that I wouldn't be able to say how it compares to the other IEMs that are highly praised in this price range.

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #210 of 747
I have the Azure with the stock cable, and I disagree. I do not hear boomy bass whatsoever. For example, BIE with the stock tips is what I'd say is valid to be considered boomy. I was listening to the Azure with my iBasso DX320 + AMP12, and I also used some generic foam tips. This price range is so crowded that I wouldn't be able to say how it compares to the other IEMs that are highly praised in this price range.
The BIE was unlistenable for me. May be for you it's the source pairing, I've only used it through Hiby FC4, R3 Saber, Shanling UA3, and Qudelix 5K - same result throughout, too much emphasized bass, thin mids, brittle highs. I used whirlwind tips, L size. May be we both heart differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back