Venture Electronics Thread
Sep 12, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #136 of 747
Monk Pro Vita Review
to start off I'm going to mention a few things about my music preferences.
I mainly listen to post rock, so instruments are one of the main factors for me.

The Monk Pro Vita, for me they are THE definitive Monk.
my initial impressions right when i got them were (compared to monk plus spc)

*has less bass then the monk + spc
*but it has way bigger headroom and clarity.
*the new cable gives it a slightly heavier feel on the ears.
*wider feel and more neutral sound.
*louder too at the same volume 🤔

the specs as far as i know is that the Monk Pro Vita, (from here on out will be referred to as the MPV) has LCP Dynamic Driver installed with an impedance of 32ohms

while being easier to drive then my then favourite Monk Plus SPC, it has greater range when it comes to instruments and vocals.
for example im using a track by Mika Nakashima - Bokuga shinouto omottanoha,- from the first take

while listening to this the emotions of the song really carry through
the singer has a condition called Patulous Eustachian tube, which caused all sounds within her body to be amplified to her ears.
and you can really her the pain she feels every time she sings. its heart wrenching, and beautiful at the same time

now for instruments, theres another track i like from an old RPG called chrono cross
Radical Dreamers the unstolen jewel
the start has a nylon string guitar solo. For the longest time i had a hard time listening to this as most of my gear starts crackling at the higher notes of the singer (noriko mitose) and the strums of the guitar
The MPV carried the vocals and instruments really well. smooth as velvet

personally for me the MPV is basically the TOTL for the Monk series. excels in almost everyway from the monk plus and monk v2
Nice review, so from what u say- I take that this MPV is undoubtedly the best from all Monk series (including V2 and that upcoming 2.0s)? damn, now I wanna a taste of it too lol, btw do u have 2 MPV?:open_mouth:

Sep 12, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #137 of 747
Nice review, so from what u say- I take that this MPV is undoubtedly the best from all Monk series (including V2 and that upcoming 2.0s)? damn, now I wanna a taste of it too lol, btw do u have 2 MPV?:open_mouth:
yeah for the MPV is the definitive monk. i got 2 because of a mistake and ended up ordering another MPV instead of getting it re-terminated 😂😂

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #141 of 747
Dang, if only MP has something with cheaper cable, with price like that I'm kinda confuse between this or just jump straight to Zen 2.0 :/
well its two different flavours. if you got the pre order bundle maybe talk to lee and see if you can work something out with him.

also the zen 2.0 is likely due for a refresh soon

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #142 of 747
so recently i just got the monk gf, abigail 4.4 and a special item
IMG_20220917_141811_901.jpg

IMG_20220918_135449_037.jpg

PXL_20220917_135601802.MP.jpg

Sep 18, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #143 of 747
so recently i just got the monk gf, abigail 4.4 and a special item
IMG_20220917_141811_901.jpg

IMG_20220918_135449_037.jpg

PXL_20220917_135601802.MP.jpg

I didn't know there was an Abigail 4.4. Interesting...

So you're really just gonna throw this "special item" nonsense out there and tell us nothing? I/We see how it is...🙄😉

Sep 18, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #144 of 747
I didn't know there was an Abigail 4.4. Interesting...

So you're really just gonna throw this "special item" nonsense out there and tell us nothing? I/We see how it is...🙄😉
yes i can and will 😂😂

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #147 of 747
U may conceal it with Gintama, but those jack with spc cable are apparent, nice that u got it early lolol 😂
shhh 😂😂😂 if you know. you know

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #148 of 747
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #149 of 747
U may conceal it with Gintama, but those jack with spc cable are apparent, nice that u got it early lolol 😂

Isn't that the jack and cable used on the Masters? I guess I'm missing something...

Sep 19, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #150 of 747
A few weeks ago I received the War Bag as part of VE's European tour, and had yet to write a review of everything it included, which was a lot.

To begin with, I have to say that I am not a regular user of earbuds, and in a portable way I normally use IEMs. Similarly, the IEM type of sound is much more in line with my preferences, and I have yet to find an earbud that really fits my profile. I would love to find one, because I find them more comfortable to wear than headphones and IEMs, especially for long periods of time. My sound profile requires more bass and also more treble than all the earbuds I've tried. Unfortunately, all the earbuds I've tried (of many different brands and price levels) have a very similar profile, and are very lacking in bass and treble for my taste.

VE Monk SM

For their price, and compared to the typical sound of earbuds, which as I said is not my usual profile, they sound very good, melodic mids and clear highs. Compared to the rest of the models, less clarity and some congestion in the most complicated songs. If you can only spend €20, it's a good buy. If you can afford the Asura 3.0, it would be a better option.

VE Master

Possibly the most musical and least detailed earbud in the pack. Good voices. Captivating presentation. For my taste, better to look at the Asura 3.0.

VE Asura 3.0

The earbud that I liked the most of the whole pack (although as I said before, the profile does not fit my tastes). Lush, melodic mids with good clarity. Decent soundstage and much more clarity in the most complicated songs. Good for modern classical music.

VE Sun Dice

Unfortunately I have not been able to test the Sun Dice well, since its shape does not adapt well to my ear at all, and they fall off continuously. They must be very comfortable for all people who do not have this problem, but in my case it has been impossible to leave them in place to listen to a decent song. A pity, since for price and for comments of other people, they must be the best.

These would be all the earbuds. But the War Bag included more things, such as the following:

Bonus IE (IEM)

Very good for its price, and especially for bassheads. Massive bass and a bit overloaded, although compensated with enough treble as well. V-profile, great fun. Not very capable in terms of complex tracks - some congestion in complex/busy passages, but very nice with simpler backing vocals and instruments - timbre is very nice in these scenarios. Personally, I have bought a set for myself, with a microphone included, since they are also very comfortable for me as they are very small and bullet-shaped, I use them in many of my videoconferences, and with a little EQ to listen to music in the background while doing other tasks.

VE Megatron (DAC/AMP)

Possibly the jewel of the War Bag. Great DAC and amp for $50. Huge power, highly recommended for high impedance earbuds, and planar headphones. It works great with my Ananda. The only thing that I miss: it does not have its own volume control. If you don't have one Megatron already, you shouldn't hesitate to buy one for yourself (I've had mine for weeks now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back