venting about Verizon's phone selection
Dec 16, 2007 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gnychis

500+ Head-Fier
Verizon's phone selection sucks, why must all of their phones flip, slide, twist, flip sideways, or slide sideways. What in the world happened to phones that were just simple phones? They had the Motorola Sliver a couple months ago that I was interested in getting, but my new every 2 rebate was not available yet... and I go back today for it and they said they stopped carrying it. I couldn't find it in either of our local stores or on their website. *sigh*

Dec 16, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 8
I left Verizon a few months back partly for this same reason, but my decision to do so was mainly based on the fact that they and AT&T were the two companies responsible for spying on Americans.

I'm just not going to support a corrupt corporation like that.

Dec 17, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 8
Is there such a thing as a good corporation? They're corporations, their main goal is to make money.

I use VZW because they are CDMA and have amazing US coverage. I don't like them, much at all really, but there are no alternatives. Sprint has worse coverage and phone selection. ATT and t-mobile have spotty coverage, they're GSM, and their phone selection is pretty lax too. The Tilt does look nice, though.

Hopefully, Verizon becoming "semi-open" in 2008 will allow me to get my hands on some of those juicy Chinese and Korean pdaphones.

Dec 17, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 8
T-Mobile is no better (at least here, anyway). Their phone selection is horrible! Why can't I just get a modern non-flip, non-slider, non-PDA-sized phone?! And I don't get reception at my parents' house, in my dorm room, in the lunchroom, or where I (used to) work. Having a cell phone with T-Mobile is only slightly more convenient than having a land-line phone. And they raised their text messaging rate to $0.15 per message if you don't have texting on your plan!!! That's outrageous!

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #7 of 8
U haven't kept up... Verizon recently (last 2 weeks) announced they will allow third party phones to operate on their network.

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
U haven't kept up... Verizon recently (last 2 weeks) announced they will allow third party phones to operate on their network.

the big question is when this will actually happen

the other thing is that if they don't expand to GSM, the cell phone options are still going to be extremely limited. If it's a CDMA phone floating around, it's likely something they sell and I hate :\ Ugh, want to find a motorola slvr and get this over with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back