VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Nov 9, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #338 of 407
These look really great (on paper) and in the pics too. I just got an email from you guys today so I jumped on here to see if anyone had a pair yet.

I just dropped my pair of LP2's today and they cracked a bit more :frowning2: so happy to see you have a new model out.

Really excited to see the immortal works with these. That's awesome!

I do have one small concern though - with my pair of v-mods ear buds (don't remember the model sorry) and my lp2's, the Kevlar cable has always been an issue. The inner rubber jacket and wires inside will eventually sneak it's way through the Kevlar strands. I ended up having to cut the Kevlar to relieve tension on my ear buds and with the lp2's I just bought a new cable. Has this issue been addressed?

Other than that I really love your products. My lp2's have lasted over two years with only a few small cracks in them. I use them daily, so they're very well loved.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #339 of 407
Can anyone confirm that the 3-button version will work with Android devices as well, or is it iOS only?

This has been answered here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/786622/limited-edition-v-moda-zn-liquid-zinc-metal-headphones-unleashed

Short answer is that the 3 button is designed for iOS. The one button for android. Only the center button on the 3 button version will control anything on your android.

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #340 of 407
This has been answered here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786622/limited-edition-v-moda-zn-liquid-zinc-metal-headphones-unleashed

Short answer is that the 3 button is designed for iOS. The one button for android. Only the center button on the 3 button version will control anything on your android.

Thanks, that's pretty much how I understood it as well. Despite this, I'm not cancelling the order for the 3-button I placed. If it really doesn't control the volume on a HTC M8 I can always send it back.

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #345 of 407
I'm excited to order these under the Immortal Life program. They'll be a replacement for my much loved Vibratos which stopped working when the cable wore out where it comes out of the controller. Since then I've been using Remixes, which don't seem to be nearly as good.

My question is this - has anyone else noticed that aside from the diamondback cable, the new ZNs look EXACTLY the same as the Vibratos? They look as though V-Moda have used the very same molds.

How do the specs compare between the Vibratos and the ZNs? Are the ZNs really all new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back