VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Oct 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #301 of 407
The Forza's continue to be shrouded in mystery, lol!

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #302 of 407

Velour/XL Velour are in our roadmap, but they are long in the "back of the jet" in our agenda now unfortunately.

Everybody loves the normal pads, and perhaps an entrepreneur would like to attempt some velour pads.  You see, every cushion we develop changes the sound DRASTICALLY... so it takes us many months of testing to make sure they are "V-MODA SOUND" approved.  Right now,we don't have the bandwidth to test them for so many months.

IEMS

ZN LAUNCHES within 2 weeks finally... We just have to finish the content, the product is done... It sounds amazing and has blown everyone away at CanJam London and Denver.  At $180, it is a steal as it competes with $300-1200 universal fit IEMS.  We really raised the bar of what a dynamic driver can do, it was no small feat and took us years of fine and excruciating tuning. (more details later...)

It sounds so amazing that we are putting our money on that it'll be your "everyday modern audiophile in-ear", so it'll have a 180 day satisfaction guarantee in fact from V-MODA.com!

Cheers,

-V

So @valkolton I, as well as many people in this thread, were wondering if you have any update on the ZN's and the Forza's. We have past the 2 weeks launch time frame that was originally stated. Not to be pushy but we are all anxious for some updated iems. Thank you in advanced.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #303 of 407
I just received a pair of Munitio Nines last week because my Vibe IIs have finally become flaky after so many years.  I really wanted a new pair of V-Moda in-ears but with no models available and no good source for a new old stock pair of Vibratos, I had been keeping my eye on the Nines.  Now with discovering this thread today, I guess I should have kept waiting!
Later today I am shipping the NInes back because they sound defective to me.  At $179 retail ($89 on sale), there is no way they designed them to sound this way!  Cymbal crashes are extremely harsh, the soundstage is very centered, the midrange and highend is muffled.  Overall everything sounds harsh.  I will give a replacement pair a chance, but if the next pairs sounds like this pair, I will return them for good and wait for the ZNs.

For the record, I was a very early adopter of the first Vibes.  Back then, V-Moda was very small and just getting started.  Val used what I had said in one of my emails with him as one of the first reviews on the site!  I wrote him an "official" review shortly after that he posted on the site.  We had emailed back and forth a few times during those few months when I was trying out a bunch of in-ears.  He's a cool guy and I'm glad his company has become so successful.
I used the heck out of my first pair of Vibes and later on I upgraded to Vibe Duo's and then the Vibe IIs.  My wife has had a couple of pairs of Vibe Duo's and my daughter has a pair of Crossfade LPs.

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #305 of 407
WEDNESDAY IS LAUNCH!  STAY TUNED....

We believe Zn can compete with universal IEMS from $300-$1000+, yet it has a mic/remote and also sport earhooks and the new DiamondBack tangle free cable that is Kevlar reinforced to withstand 60k bends (up to 20x normal 3-button headphones).

Sorry for lack of responses, it has been so busy to get everything ready and make sure QC is #1.  We had to work extra hard to make sure every unit sounds virtually identical, this is a very hard challenge in in-ears as any small variance in the housing (even the smallest coil size or adhesive inconsistency) has a huge change in the sound.  We strive for <2dB variance, if you look at other in-ears it can be 30dB+ on cheap models!  Even the competitors we bought had huge inconsistency issues, I have dedicated my life the last 10 years to make sure every unit sounds virtually identical.

180 DAY TEST DRIVE FOR HEAD-FI!
I PROMISE YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY BY THE SOUND.  I'm putting my money where my mouth is... For head-fiers, I will offer a 180 day guarantee you'll love them and use them as your "every day driver".... But, we have to PayPal you if you do decide to return >60 day test drive. I believe you will not return them, they will be your everyday audiophile headphone for calls and even working out.

As Steve Guttenberg, Audiophiliac said from CNET "WE NAILED IT" in the sound.  

Your crowdsourcing at the CanJams helped us significantly, #VTHEPEOPLE.

TEASER PIC:

CHEERS!

-V

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #307 of 407
@valkolton just a few questions

1. How will the 180 day guarantee work? Is it something like putting a special code when ordering on V-moda's website to flag our purchase?

2. Is the launch only on your website? if so, when will distributors/dealers get them? I'm asking cause I live in one of those countries you don't ship to due to distributor agreements, so I don't know if there's any way I can get in on this deal

Thanks loads, 

really excited to hear them. My 2 M80s and M100 need a new friend

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #310 of 407
Wonder how the final unit's sound compares to M-100, and for fun even how it compares to the Piston 3. To me personally I only consider IEs portable enough to be carried around daily.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #314 of 407
@DatGuy
1. We always guarantee a 60-Day test drive to our customers. If you happen not to like our products, we refund you.
With Zn, just for Head-Fiers, we introduce the same advantage extending the test drive to 180-Day.
The only hassle is that, since credit cards cannot be refunded after 60 days, we will have to refund you via PayPal.
2. Our Verified Resellers will get Zn in time for the holiday season, no worries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back