VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Sep 17, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #286 of 407
Yep, 3-4months  from the middle of June is close but there are always delays.

Still remember this though; "Forza will be a lot different now. I'll try to leak more intel." Safe to leak that intel yet?
ph34r.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #290 of 407
I went to RMAF this year and posted my impressions in a couple of posts in the RMAF thread.  In my post I wrote about the Zn, which if I didn't have almost 10 pair of custom IEM and about 20 pairs of universal fit IEM I might have bought these for myself. I really enjoyed them.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782818/2015-canjam-rmaf-impressions-thread-october-2-4-2015/30#post_11965783

The Zn IEM (zinc liquid metal) were a noticeable improvement to my V-MODA Vibrato IEM that I bought a couple of years ago - the bass is quite strong but much tighter and better controlled than before, the mids are slightly more transparent and much fuller (not recessed), and the treble slightly smoother - gone is the V shaped frequency response, and it's now a curve that's still bumped in the bass but flatter in the mids and treble.  

I tested the microphone in the noisy CanJam room by calling my son's phone, and he was wearing his M-100 and didn't hear any of the ambient noise in the room surrounding me and the Zn microphone.  The volume control on the IEM cable worked flawlessly, and the center control button worked for Siri when held, pausing and starting music with one click, while double and triple clicks worked for skipping forward and backwards. For $180 I think they are a worthwhile investment if you don't already have a mobile phone universal fit IEM headset.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #294 of 407
  So hype! Thanks for the update. Do we know if both in ears are getting released simultaneously?

So he never mentioned anything about the Forza's all he mentioned was the Zn's. Hopefully Val is correct with the time table and they should be annouced (possibly even released too) by the end of this week. I believe they will be $180 but I'm curious if there will be a special promo for the pre-orders like they did with Crossfade Wireless.

My only question now is what will be the difference between the Zn's and the Forza's? I listen to mainly electronic music (hardstyle/rawstyle) from my phone and was hoping to get the one that has v-signature sound or a bump in the bass region. I believe I heard the Zn's will have more of a neutral signature. So I'm not sure if the Zn's will fit my liking but I may give them a shot because they come with a 180 day satisfaction guarantee (instead of the usual 90 day). 

@valkolton
Has anyone heard the Forza's?? Will they have more bass? What will be the difference between the Zn's and Forza's?

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #296 of 407
Hmmmm... Been away from the thread for awhile and picked up a Flare Audio R2 Pro. Might get one of these for mowing lawns since im assuming bass will have more quantity than my R2 Pro. Will Comply foam tips fit these? 

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #297 of 407
  Hmmmm... Been away from the thread for awhile and picked up a Flare Audio R2 Pro. Might get one of these for mowing lawns since im assuming bass will have more quantity than my R2 Pro. Will Comply foam tips fit these? 

Just a heads up I have heard from people who tested these and they said that these will be vary neutral and will not have much bass. 

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #298 of 407
Interesting! Good change though, I can't wait until they go for a more neutral sound in an over ear one day. Will keep my eyes on these since I always won't feel like taking a 625$ IEM to mow lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back