VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Nov 12, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #122 of 407
"Anything But Circles & Plastic!" 
yeah.... Funny Val points this out. The plastic bit on my M100 is the thing that broke... immediately.... on both pairs. 
Still love my 100 and have talked 2 friends into buying them. Built like a tank except for that ONE plastic ring around the cups. 

edit: I like the Forza and Hex box if it was for some IEMs, which I would buy in a sec. To be honest what ever box is smaller and cheaper to ship to Japan! The m100 box was perfect. I think the hex box is like a strange complement to the m100 box. 

Nov 27, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #123 of 407
Fin 1. Looks more quality. Dynamic drivers are horrible for sound clarity I have the AF180 (quad armature) and Shure Se215, the AF180 beats the Shures any day.

Isn't the AF180 like $500 though? I think that is an unfair comparison.

Nov 27, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #124 of 407

Lol. Totally not a fair comparison.

I prefer dynamic drivers for their forgiveness and more natural sound. But I understand why many would prefer the more precise, anilytical nature of armatures. You also can't deny that the bass is just flat out better on dynamics.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #125 of 407

Lol. Totally not a fair comparison.

I prefer dynamic drivers for their forgiveness and more natural sound. But I understand why many would prefer the more precise, anilytical nature of armatures. You also can't deny that the bass is just flat out better on dynamics.

The bass isn't better on dynamics, it just has more quantity and is more noticble / bloated. A good BA has nice crisp and controlled bass, but it's up to you what you like. Grats to you if you like dynamics, much cheaper.

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #126 of 407
Not to derail the thread, but I'm much more interested in hearing more details on the XS Master Edition than I am about the in-ears.

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #127 of 407
The bass isn't better on dynamics, it just has more quantity and is more noticble / bloated. A good BA has nice crisp and controlled bass, but it's up to you what you like. Grats to you if you like dynamics, much cheaper.

Eh, with IEMs like the Sennheiser IE800 and Dita Audio's The Answer Truth Edition costing nearly $1000, I wouldn't throw the word cheaper around. But you do have a point.

As far as good armatures go, I've only heard the UE 18 pro. As far as good dynamics, I own the Sennheiser IE7 and have heard the Hifiman RE-600. The UE 18's were the most detailed headphone I've ever heard. But the bass was thin in my opinion and lacked depth and impact. Whereas I found the RE-600 to have bass that had a healthy amount of impact, depth, and clarity, and wasn't so detailed that it made evident the slightest recording flaws of every song.

I would very much disagree that dynamic in-ears have bloated bass. If that were the case you wouldn't have companies making hybrid IEMs that use both dynamic drivers and armatures to achieve quality bass and detailed highs. Alas, I do not wish to start an argument. For I understand that many prefer detail and clarity of treble over some quality thump.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #130 of 407

cielo sounds kick ass.
i love how the spanish words for cool things are extra cool. i had a friend whose last name was castillo, translates to castle

Cielo is good!

Yes, Castillo is like "Castello" in Italian, our office is next to "Castello Sforzesco" which was where Leonardo Da Vinci Worked and has Michelangelo's last unfinished sculpture. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sforza_Castle

I have been working with the team nonstop on our in-ears on EVERY littlest angle, diameter and detail around the globe. I spent a lot of time in Asia last November/December studying the market and all the latest technology available.

We definitely will have some questions coming up soon (especially active/sport use) after something else launches that we've been cookin'.

Cheers and Happy New Ears!

-V

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #131 of 407
  Will there be published at CanJam 2015 or NAMM 2015? 

Do these have a ballpark release date yet? I'm already saving up!

We will have a booth on the main floor of NAMM and we are the official sponsor for the Idea Center at NAMM.

We are aiming for a release date of May-June for the in-ears.  We are in pre-production today of "Alto".

-V 

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #132 of 407
We will have a booth on the main floor of NAMM and we are the official sponsor for the Idea Center at NAMM.

We are aiming for a release date of May-June for the in-ears.  We are in pre-production today of "Alto".

-V 

I'm just about ready to pick up a set of M100's but now I'm wondering if I should hold off for the Master versions. I may not make it but we'll see. I listened to some at a Guitar Center in Austin and fell in love with the sound.

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #135 of 407
  If there is more mid-range clarity in the Masters I'd seriously consider upgrading.

Preach! That has always been my only complaint about the M-100. It is honestly the only reason that I do not own a pair. I love how small they fold up and the comfort is great. The sound quality is great. The isolation could be better. But the mids sound so distant and awkward to me and I just can't do that to myself for a few hundred dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back