VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Oct 21, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #91 of 407
"Forza" with the rectangle box.

"Forza" fits in both name and definition for the sound of the V-Moda products I've heard than "Alto." 
The rectangle will be easier for me to store, and it'll also be easier to ship. If the in-ear is over 1k, then I can understand something that looks like a jewelry box. Sometimes beautiful things are impractical because they were made to be beautiful first. The rectangle box is nice in it's own way and it works a lot better for what it does - hold great in-ear monitors.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #92 of 407
Oct 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #95 of 407
I hate to say it, but I'm not a fan of either of packaging. There's way too many odd angles that screams that you're trying a little too hard, and the font reminds me of Times New Roman; hardly a memory you want to evoke when selling stylish headphones to the younger crowd. Sorry if I'm being overly harsh.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #96 of 407
[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]Pardon the double post, I didn't see the second part of this focus group test. I would opt with the 3rd fin simply because it's the smallest. Perhaps it's because I'm a minimalist, but the idea of having a massive fin on an earphone is ridiculous. The size of all of the examples you've shown is pretty substantial to say the least.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #97 of 407
Pardon the double post, I didn't see the second part of this focus group test. I would opt with the 3rd fin simply because it's the smallest. Perhaps it's because I'm a minimalist, but the idea of having a massive fin on an earphone is ridiculous. The size of all of the examples you've shown is pretty substantial to say the least.

The fin size will probably change in relation to the headphone, we will 5 different sizes in beta testing to determine what is included based on comfort + stability during run tests.

-V

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #98 of 407
The fin size will probably change in relation to the headphone, we will 5 different sizes in beta testing to determine what is included based on comfort + stability during run tests.

-V

That's good news, cause the mock up you provided looks too exagerrated. Either way, I would prefer a finless design of I were to purchase your IEMs.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #99 of 407
That's good news, cause the mock up you provided looks too exagerrated. Either way, I would prefer a finless design of I were to purchase your IEMs.

Yes, we will have finless available, of course!  I don't need or personally like the fins, but some runners need/like them. 

-V

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #101 of 407
I like III.

Oct 21, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #103 of 407
Fin #2 because even though the first fin is nicely curved, not everyones ears are smooth like that. Not sure what soft/hard material will be used for the ear-hooks but #2 is in the middle between being too sharp and too smooth therefore that makes the most sense to me. Boxes are great, sharp and innovative just like most of the other boxes for the M-80/100 and the XS. Removable cable?? That <---- would be a great addition for people with android/apple/no mic/controls and almost everyone loves a good removable cable. Also what are you thinking Val... balanced armatures or dynamics or hybrids? 

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #104 of 407
Fin 1. Looks more quality. Dynamic drivers are horrible for sound clarity I have the AF180 (quad armature) and Shure Se215, the AF180 beats the Shures any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back