VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Oct 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #77 of 407
Well, as long as they won't fray. More importantly, I hope the cords aren't prone to those nasty permanent twists and bends that can never be straightened back to original, which is more likely to happen with braided cables.

I don't mean fabric braiding around the cable, I mean braiding the actual cable. Like this...
There are many benfits. Greatly reduced stiffness and almost no phonics are huge. Often, cables like these are OFC or OCC copper, sometimes silver, thus resulting in better sound quality, depending on who you talk to. I don't expect to see any benefits from said cables in an IEM from V-Moda, as I'm expecting to not be very high end. But there is no doubt that they
  • Look cool
  • Have no phonics
  • Are very flexible

In regards to the fabric braided cables. I am definitely not a fan of these. Especially for IEMs, due to the permanent bends that you mentioned earlier.

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #80 of 407
I don't mean fabric braiding around the cable, I mean braiding the actual cable. Like this...
There are many benfits. Greatly reduced stiffness and almost no phonics are huge. Often, cables like these are OFC or OCC copper, sometimes silver, thus resulting in better sound quality, depending on who you talk to. I don't expect to see any benefits from said cables in an IEM from V-Moda, as I'm expecting to not be very high end. But there is no doubt that they
  1. Look cool
  2. Have no phonics
  3. Are very flexible

In regards to the fabric braided cables. I am definitely not a fan of these. Especially for IEMs, due to the permanent bends that you mentioned earlier.

all for the braided cable as well. but, i have to admit at first sight it doesn't actually look good. sure there are ways around it and maybe v-moda will take the next step for that

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #81 of 407

all for the braided cable as well. but, i have to admit at first sight it doesn't actually look good. sure there are ways around it and maybe v-moda will take the next step for that

How about braided cable sheathed in a thin layer of something else (extra silicone?), at least to hide the braids (that is, if they look bad). I'd like to see a braided cable in bright orange, though -- that would be very nice.

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #82 of 407
My son and I have discussed it, and he will get the Hi-Res M-100 and I'll do the Hi-Res XS because I wan't portability most, and we can share 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #83 of 407
  How about braided cable sheathed in a thin layer of something else (extra silicone?), at least to hide the braids (that is, if they look bad). I'd like to see a braided cable in bright orange, though -- that would be very nice.

they'd look like just like the soundmagic e10s that i have, although i think a cloth cable would look better because the bumps wouldn't be as profound. but that's the exact concept i was thinking of.. or, they could color coordinate their iems with the braiding within a clear silicone cable. done correctly, it could look attractive.

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #88 of 407
I'm back in the market and V-MODA just happens to be making new IEM's. Perfect. I was looking for this kind of sound and the durability will be undoubtedly fantastic. Very interested since i'm missing a fun headphone since I sold my M-100

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #89 of 407
Can one of them be like a M-100 with less bass boost, maybe like a 5-6 db boost, slightly warm but detailed mids, and those highs that you can blast but never fatuigue you. Thanks that'd be great guys 
wink_face.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #90 of 407
  Can one of them be like a M-100 with less bass boost, maybe like a 5-6 db boost, slightly warm but detailed mids, and those highs that you can blast but never fatuigue you. Thanks that'd be great guys 
wink_face.gif

i don't know if you want that, cause that sounds like a very rolled off treble (hence why you can blast them without going deaf as quickly). thats sounds like the xs only less detailed. 

much rather have a more detailed treble, with good extension (but if thats the case you won't be able to blast it cause it will fatigue quite quickly) its better suited for low to medium volumes. 

but i'm pretty sure v-moda will cater towards those blasting their music (they always have in the past) while lowering the risk of ear fatigue as much as possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back