VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Oct 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #61 of 407
- Flat Cables
- Tough Carrying Case
- Tough Enough for wet, salty, humid countries (i.e. prototype testing in South East Asia)
- same customizable hex shields on the carrying case maybe

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #64 of 407
I got it!

V-Moda Supernova (for top IEM)

"A Supernova is a stellar explosion that briefly outshines an entire galaxy"

"After the V-moda Supernova the IEM galaxy will be not the same anymore..."

V-Moda Cometa (For the second tier)

I think this concept are quite amazing. I hope you will take in serious consideration!

Cheers,

Fabio.

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #66 of 407
Forza + Hex FTW! - The name Forza (Force) has power and the Italian gives it that bit of élan that is carried into the packaging. Alto is rather flat. Sopranos and Tenors would be off-put, lol. Alto is cute but it isn't shall we say...forceful?

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #68 of 407
An Update to the V-MODA XS Impressions:

As noted before, with some amps the synergy with the XS was worse than with other, and I decided I would prefer the iPhone 6 headphone out, or the CEntrance HiFi-M8, over the Pico DAC/Slim combo.  The Encore mDAC is a little more forward and rolled off in the highs with the XS too, while the CEntrance DACport is a better match for the XS.

If I listened to music with the mDAC for an hour then my ears adjusted to the sound and it was more fun to listen, which would then make the DACport/XS combo sound a little funny if I switched over after that, at least until my ears adjusted again.  But, if starting off a short listening session, the DACport sounds better with them at first listen than the mDAC.

As for the Forza - If anyone is wondering what IEM sounds most like the Forza, as a reference point, I'd say that the Forza reminded me most of the Aurisonics Rocket (if both IEM have a similar deep ear canal placement, since for my ears they both got bright with a shallow ear insertion).  They're not as mellow and refined as an amp'd RE-600 or Westone 4, but seem to be more balanced in the FR than a Westone 3.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #71 of 407
  - Flat Cables
- Tough Carrying Case
- Tough Enough for wet, salty, humid countries (i.e. prototype testing in South East Asia)
- same customizable hex shields on the carrying case maybe

Flat cables are meh. They never tangle which is useful, but as far as I know, they are always rubber. The phonics in said cables are terrible. My vote for cables would be braided cables. Where the strands of copper are individually coated and braided, almost no phonics, and SO FANCY! But that is really expensive and most people won't care about that.
I like the customizable case idea. Although I think putting shields on a case is a bad idea, simply because the steel shields will scratch easily and cases are meant to be thrown around.

how do the new IEMs fare compared to the ATH-CKS1000?

Probably the same way the V-Moda M-100 compares to the ATH-M50. A bit bassier, clearer all around, probably better looking.

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #72 of 407
Forza and rectangle

You need to think about fitting the packages into shipping boxes and fitting them on store shelves

Hex may look cool, but not if they get damaged in transit or take up too much space in the shipping box.

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #73 of 407
forza and hexagon looks damn sharp!

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #74 of 407
Packaging is cool, but like all my head devices, the packaging (and carry cases even) eventually get tossed and it's the enjoyment of sound that I ultimately appreciate. . .waiting to stick them in my ears. . .

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #75 of 407
  Flat cables are meh. They never tangle which is useful, but as far as I know, they are always rubber. The phonics in said cables are terrible. My vote for cables would be braided cables. Where the strands of copper are individually coated and braided, almost no phonics, and SO FANCY! But that is really expensive and most people won't care about that.
I like the customizable case idea. Although I think putting shields on a case is a bad idea, simply because the steel shields will scratch easily and cases are meant to be thrown around.

Probably the same way the V-Moda M-100 compares to the ATH-M50. A bit bassier, clearer all around, probably better looking.

Well, as long as they won't fray. More importantly, I hope the cords aren't prone to those nasty permanent twists and bends that can never be straightened back to original, which is more likely to happen with braided cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back