Velor/Velour Itchy feeling: recommendations for non-itchy pads please: (Current 'Itchy' pad HM5 Velor thick pads)
Dec 11, 2014 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

KGUN

New Head-Fier
Lindy HF-110 
I'm using the 
"Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads" ( got them on amazon )

they're nice n' thick
Fit perfectly(on the headphones and on my head/Ears)

Only problem is I Feel this itchy sensation on and around my ears. 
-
MP4NATION sells them on amazon
-

Can some of you give any recommendations for velor pads.
- I was thinking maybe a pair of Beyerdynamic velor pads but I have no clue about the sizing and what would fit for the HF-110(search "Lindy-Headphones") .  Also I Don't know if the Beyer ones will be itchy also.

- Question: is there cheap velor, and better made velor? 

Thanks in advance.

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3 of 10
To me it is the velour. Not as silky or velvety smooth as those from Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser themselves.

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #5 of 10
#2 post/Billy-
-There isn't much clamping force, they're very comfortable, The HF-110's are also pretty lightweight(if that has anything to do with clamping force..) It's just the itchiness that's the problem. the itch is like an irritation feeling or sensation. It's hard to ignore. I doubt I'd be able to listen to music for a period of time just sitting there. I managed to play BF3/4 FPS game distracted by the explosions n' stuff.. when things settle I'm readjusting the headphones or moving them like a temporary solution to the 'itch' ... I Know it sounds ridiculous, maybe it's my skin type or how sensitive I am to velor.(or cheap velor if it is the cheaper kind...)

#3 post/georgelai-
- so do you know of any nice headphone pads, velor, or similar that would fit my HF-110's, I Dunno how one judges what replacement pad to get if it's a different brand, the driver is 42mm.. if that matters for pad choice.

#4 post/Steve-
-I'm not familier with fabric softener, lol I just use laundry soap but I looked it up it's something for the final rinse of the cycle and it's nost supposed to be pour directly on clothes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabric_softener - apparently they have lubricant properties, making the fibers feel smoother etc..
- how would you go about doing this though, should I Take some liquid fabric softer dab/ and rub circles on the velor pad, rinse and blow dry with hair dryer on medium heat & hot heat? let me know what you think.

thanks for the replies and info. Recommendations for replacement velor/velor-ish pads still would be nice if you figure it out the sizing.

-
is velvet better?
-
http://www.amazon.com/ATH-M50-PADS-VELVET-ATH-M50RD-ATH-M50WH-ATH-M50xBL-ATH-M50xWH/dp/B00F2ZM6CS/ref=pd_sim_e_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0SXD91F3SB96W7W12AMC

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 10
I really don't know whether there are other velour pads that will fit those headphones. Just as experiment, you could try wrapping the pads in something like plastic wrap and wearing the headphones for a while. I wouldn't try to use them that way with music playing, but just as a trial to see if your ears still feel itchy. That might tell you for sure if it is just the material.

Dec 12, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #7 of 10
Originally Posted by KGUN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how would you go about doing this though, should I Take some liquid fabric softer dab/ and rub circles on the velor pad, rinse and blow dry with hair dryer on medium heat & hot heat? let me know what you think.

Your guess is as good as mine! Perhaps just try it on a small area on the outside and see if it makes any difference.

Or there's 'laundry sheets' - we have a brand in the UK called 'Bounce' maybe dampen one of these and give a gentle rub.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #8 of 10
Just thought I'd let you know I ordered 2 new cloth type headphone pads:

* " Shure HPAEC1840 Replacement Velour Ear Pads "

* " ATH-M50-PADS-VELVET - One Pair - "

both off of amazon

I'll write again to let you know how they feel, when I have tested them both.  The Shure is velour, the Other one is Velvet it says in the title.
..Can't wait. :)

Dec 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #9 of 10
  Just thought I'd let you know I ordered 2 new cloth type headphone pads:

* " Shure HPAEC1840 Replacement Velour Ear Pads "

* " ATH-M50-PADS-VELVET - One Pair - "

both off of amazon

I'll write again to let you know how they feel, when I have tested them both.  The Shure is velour, the Other one is Velvet it says in the title.
..Can't wait. :)

Do let us know how they fit. Thanks

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #10 of 10
conclusion for the two new pads:

Shure:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q0POT4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ATH - (by: Sound Professionals)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F2ZM6CS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(based on my experiences)(and my headphones: Lindy HF-110)
-
ok so I got the Shures much earlier had those on right away. The Shure pads fit perfect, they're very soft, comfortable and squish easily when pressed. The main thing is, there's NO itch! yay.
-
The ATH pads do not fit the pad holders very well, with a lot of effort I managed to get them on but the leather surround became stretched outward quite a bit. The ATH pads are smaller then the Shure pads. The ATH pads feel a little bit more firm maybe because one is velvet(ATH) and one is velor(Shure)
-
I made me choice pretty easily based on the Shures are larger, somewhat softer, fit better. I did place and push the ATH's against one ear while on the detachable headphone holder I didn't feel any itch with them either but It may require more testing.  I will keep them.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back