Veda Audio Maxxed Dynahi SA Problems
Mar 28, 2007 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vinylfirst

New Head-Fier
Hi;

I bought the above board on Head-Fi Amps For Sale here.

Many issues when I received it from USPS. Some I fixed like re-solder loose wire and re-solder elsewhere to improve connections.

I don't know anything about the make, except it is Gillmore in design.

I still had problems. Low level had right side lack of volume, while left was present. I looked at the board and found the white wires coming off the level selector went to two different places on the right vs left boards. One pair to a cap (right board) and one pair to a resistor (left board).

Pic of level selector. Left to right: Level, Volume, Headphone Input and not used Input Selector.

amp1004dp0.jpg

Pic of boards with level white wires terminating. Right board is right side of pic.

amp001xj3.jpg

Then I re-soldered the right wires to the cap to mirror what was on the good left side. Hope I went the correct way with this. I would have imagined resistors would be good to give low level instead of caps.

ampxa3.jpg

Now I have equal volume on the R vs L on both the high and low levels. However I have Bad hum on the low level.

In addition, the vol selector is noisy, drops signal in a few settings, and will give a loud click when turned. Blew my Ultrasone 2500 up when the level of music was tolerable in volume to my ears. I suspect the vol pot? needs replacement. Don't know about the hum.

TKS for any help.
vinylfirst

Mar 28, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Then I re-soldered the right wires to the cap to mirror what was on the good left side. Hope I went the correct way with this. I would have imagined resistors would be good to give low level instead of caps.

IIRC Those wires should be soldered to the resistors not the capacitors.

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 7
I will change to the resistors.

TKS
vf

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 7
After checking the Dynahi gerbers...
Don't sweat that.

The cap is in parallel to that resistor so you end with the same thing regardless of where the wires are soldered.

Sorry about the false alarm.

Have you tried contacting SFT directly about the problems with your amp?
(I believe he was the person that built the Veda audio amps)
Link-----> http://www.sft-audio.url.tw/

Mar 29, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #7 of 7
TKS.

Then I will leave it alone.

Might e-mail the above link.

vf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back