VBR recording on an ihp 120
Apr 1, 2004 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Shulaw05

Head-Fier
Does anyone out there have an ihp 120 and use VBR recording. i am in the process of rerecording all my music in vbr format, and noticed that when i put the songs on the ihp that it has trouble reading them. it plays the tracks ok...but the time on the songs is all mest up. for example, it will say a 4:00 song is 27:00...and i won't be able to skip through (fast foward) some songs, not all. does anyone else have these problems? if so, does anyone know if iriver is coming out with a frimware upgrade to fix it? thanks

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 2
I am the new owner of one of these and mine dose the same thing on all Files i belive it is related to time. in addition some MP3's that play fine on my PC and evean from the iRiver HD the IHP itself will start the file stay at 00.00 then play the following track. only on very few files will this happen. the MP3's were created by EAC using Lame, Vorbis dose not work in my copy of EAC.

It is all worth it cause as the Transport of my New Portible Rig that will aproach HE90+KGSS and is as close to ZZZ Weeble as i have heard. the Digitial output from the IHP into the aos DAC is identical sounding as the same CD the wave file was made from played on a quality reedbook Classic JVC CD players optical output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back