Various questinos about CIEMs
Oct 29, 2016 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

VAREA

New Head-Fier
Hi I've been a long time lurker of the scene and have decided in buying a pair of CIEMs that I'm hoping to end on haha.
during my research in CIEMs I realize there is the option to either get them in acrylic or silicone. In terms of durability, which is the better option?
A second question that I have is I've tried listening to a few at the shops nearby and I've found that I had to increase the volume to higher levels. Will an amp help fix this problem?

Thanks for the help

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi I've been a long time lurker of the scene and have decided in buying a pair of CIEMs that I'm hoping to end on haha.

during my research in CIEMs I realize there is the option to either get them in acrylic or silicone. In terms of durability, which is the better option?

A second question that I have is I've tried listening to a few at the shops nearby and I've found that I had to increase the volume to higher levels. Will an amp help fix this problem?

Thanks for the help

What iems were you auditioning? What was your source? Most customs i find have a pretty low impedance so an amp is really not needed from a good source, and i prefer acrylic over silicon for durability.

Oct 30, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 8
I tried out various such as the HUM pristine, heir audio 10.0, custom art harmony, siren series and the NT series from hidition. Not all of them required me to listen to them at high volume but was just wondering there are ways to decrease the volume. Im just using an iphone for now.

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 8
I tried out various such as the HUM pristine, heir audio 10.0, custom art harmony, siren series and the NT series from hidition. Not all of them required me to listen to them at high volume but was just wondering there are ways to decrease the volume. Im just using an iphone for now.

It all depends on the individual set of customs. I would personally recomend a good dap with a pair of customs if you can swing it eventually. I would invest in a dap before i invested in an amp, but i dont like using a phone as a player. There are people out there that use thier phone as a transport and add a dac amp combo to it, but thats your choice.

Which customs are you planning going with?

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 8
Most of those should get really loud with your iPhone unless you listen at crazy levels. An dac/amp combo will really improve the sound. Mostly bass will hit harder and tighter.

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 8
Im planning on getting the custom art harmony 8.2s and maybe i should consider getting a dac in the future... always in a conflict though haha

I get to try the 8.2 for 7 days shortly and will let you know how they perform with my pioneer xdp-100r, galaxy s7, and asus tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back