Vanilla Coke: Yes or No?
Jun 26, 2002 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Anyone like vanilla coke? Personally, I think it's like crack!
eek.gif
You know, me knowing how crack is and all.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, you guys?

Jun 26, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 35
I like li hing mui with coke Icees...
cool.gif

Jun 26, 2002 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 35
Being a Coke connoisseur I can definitively say that Coke Classic remains eternally the greatest cola ever created (sliding only slightly late at night to Jolt for the obvious reasons). Cherry coke was my softdrink of choice as a young lad but then I cam full swing back into the Classic flavour. The entire mix-up of Coke trying to imitate Pepsi with the New Coke was utter blasphemy. Pepsi has less carbonation but more sugar, increasing the perception of greater fizz because of the reaction of the syrup+sugar+CO2 and Air. I like my Coke the way it is. Now what about this new Vanilla Coke? I like it. I like it better than Cherry Coke but not as much as Coke Classic. The problem? Vanilla stunts synapse creation. That is...it affects long term memory. So major vanilla consumption is not a good thing. With the amount of regular Coke I drink, this is an issue
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2002 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 35
Vanilla Coke smells like Pepto-Bismol and doesn't taste much better.

Coke Classic and Dr. Pepper. Yay!

Hires root beer is also very tasty. Way better than Barq's, A&W, Dad's, Frostie, etc...

BUT

Pepsi Cola, all of their advertising, and their corporate smugness = chunky brown gasoline station toilet water. Die, die, DIEEEEEE!!! NAZI COMMUNIST NINCOMPOOP SCHMUCKS!!!

*phew* I just took a Pepsi. Now I feel relieved.

Jun 26, 2002 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 35
I like it. And I like regular Coke better than Pepsi. But Diet Coke is the pits!!! Diet Pepsi is way better.

But if you want the VERY BEST. . .

Try some Dr. Pepper from the bottling plant in Dublin, Texas (not Dublin, Ireland!): it's made the old-fashioned way, with pure cane sugar instead of that corn syrup crap
tongue.gif

And no, this is NOT an advertisement but if you're interested, you should be able to order some to be delivered to your door!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #11 of 35
I recently visited the original bottling facility in Dublin and got myself a case of Dr. Pepper made with 100% Imperial Cane Sugar... no high fructose corn syrup at all. The museum was really cool, too.

Does it taste different? Yes! The sweetness comes on with a sharper, cleaner bite. It's better that way, IMHO.

http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

Jun 26, 2002 at 4:40 AM Post #12 of 35
Vanilla coke is okay...kinda reminds me of cream soda. I still like the old stuff though. I actually enjoy coke/diet coke with a squirt of lemon sometimes.

Jun 26, 2002 at 4:46 AM Post #13 of 35
Zanth, is Canadian Coke the same as American Coke? I'd assume so ... but there are some big difference in other countries' versions. Anyone have an opinion on which is best?

I like Pepsi much better than Coke, though. I can't stand the Coke aftertaste.

kerelybonto

Jun 26, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
Vanilla stunts synapse creation. That is...it affects long term memory. So major vanilla consumption is not a good thing.

Eh, seriously? That is not cool. So I should stop eating ice cream then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back