Vanessa Carlton
Mar 29, 2002 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Flumpus

Needs more Soylent Greento become Omega Man
Anyone heard "A Thousand Miles"? I actually heard it on the radio (listening to the radio til I get my stuff that was stolen replaced), and really enjoyed it. It's not normal pop...she's classically trained on piano apparently, and writes all her own music. It sounds really good... The whole CD isn't out yet I don't think, so I just bought the single... Anyway, anyone think less of me for liking this, or anyone wanna back me up?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 8:25 AM Post #2 of 4
I'll be the first to back you up (I'm sure there will be others). It's a pretty catchy song. I'll be sure to preview it on CDNow or download a few tracks before laying money down on just one song. But yeah, thanks for the recommendation, I liked it after only about 15 seconds into the song. Usually I have to listen to a song 2 or 3 times before getting into it at all.

Mar 30, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 4
I like the song quite a bit too, and I haven't liked much that I've heard on the "top 40" stations recently. I just hope that when she comes out with a full CD, the other songs are high quality as well.

According to Amazon, her first CD -- Be Not Nobody -- is coming out April 30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back