Vancouver Meet August 16, 2008
Jul 21, 2008 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Head-Fier
Hello everyone

There is a Vancouver meet hosted by me on August 16, 2008 in downtown Vancouver. This will be a standard meet and greet with drinks and some finger food. As this is an event open to all persons from all backgrounds, there will be a donation box for the drinks and finger food I buy, including rental of the venue.

Regardless if you have contacted me previously, you must send an email to me again confirming your appearance, PLUS the number of people you are intending to bring. As the room adheres to the fire code, space is limited, so I ask that you reserve a spot only if you are pretty sure you will be coming. In your email, please also include your name.

I encourage you all to bring your gear down to the meet. Should you want to bring your gear, please also include in the email the stuff you intend to bring and I will consolidate an equipment list. Upon your arrival I will also record serial numbers for the unlikely event of theft. Like with any meet, only bring equipment if you would like others to try. Leave your gear at home if you want to keep it in a display case.

The location of the meet will only be disclosed to persons who email me confirming their spot at the meet.

Feel free to discuss in this thread, but remember to email me if you want to come. I will ignore all reservations made here.

Aug 9, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 11
I'm going to allow a couple more days to get more numbers until I release more specifics via email.

Aug 11, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 11
Hello everyone. As a result of lack of firm responses (only 7). I am officially canceling this event. I was originally hoping for at least 15 to make this event worthwhile, but I suppose everyone is quite busy during this month.

Hopefully, we can try again another time.

Aug 12, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #9 of 11
That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear that your effort was wasted
frown.gif

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 11
crap! i was just seriously considering going if the scary guys at the border would let me cross. [edit] please don't give up on this. i don't know how, but it seems we could generate enough interest to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back