Vancouver BC meet, Sept 18
Sep 4, 2010 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Headphoneabuser

New Head-Fier
There have been several dead meet threads for Vancouver.
I will be happy to host a meet for Sept 18, 4:00-6:00pm. I have a small store in Vancouver on Broadway near Cambie, so its central and near the skytrain. I've tried to contact advertising dept several times but received no response, so if anyone is interested, please send me a personal mail and I'll reply with address/ph number, etc.

I have some good entry/mid-range gear to try, Nuforce HDP & udac-2, Grado 225i, Senn HD555 and Monster Turbine.
I hope having a date and place is enough to make this happen. I look forward to meeting some people and trying different gear.
Travis R.

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 23
Looks like we have 4 or 5 people so far, thankfully. I have a non headfi'er bringing an Ortofon headphone amp.
Everything in Vancouver is last minute, so hopefully there will be a few more people. I can accommodate around 12 people, so it should be fine.
I do need to change the time to 5-7pm though, I hope that's ok.

I am leaving the Grado 225i on for a couple days so they'll be broken in.
Travis R.

Sep 17, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 23
Looks like a couple people have a pretty wide variety of nice quality cans that they're bringing. It would be great to have a few more people come by - anyone else interested for tomorrow  today from 5-7??

Travis R.

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 23
Big thanks to the guys who came out tonight!! Vancouver can do it. Everyone was really generous with their gear and sharing their experience.

It was great trying different gear and especially being able to compare combinations of headphones + amps one right after the other. It really highlighted how important compatibility is between two products and how much difference in style there is amongst similar quality products, regarding things like speed, bass-treble tilt, midrange openness/clarity and power/effeciency.

I would like to host another meet in January or February and hopefully have a good 12+ people, if there will be interest.

I'll post 4-5 weeks ahead of time and test the waters then.

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #9 of 23
Congratulations on the meet. The meets just get bigger and better each time.

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #15 of 23
I'm up for it, as long as it's non alcoholic and on a weekend 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back