Vancouver BC meet: May 14th, 2005 : Maps, directions, more...
Apr 21, 2005 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

rmx

100+ Head-Fier
Meet's on guys!

Here's all the information you'll need to get here.

Address: 8999 Nelson Way Burnaby, BC V5A 4B5, CANADA
My phone number: 604-838-3539 / 604-721-5332
Time: 12:00pm onwards

Mapquest location map

Directions from the border

It's the building on the RIGHT as you drive up nelson way. The one on the left is Xantrex corp. Only 2 buildings in this tech park, so you can't miss it.

The labs are card access only, so I'll have to let everyone in. Please note down my cell phone number, and give me a call if you get here late. I will be outside the labs from 12:00 to 12:15, so if you could get here within that window, great, otherwise please call my number and I'll pop out to open the door for you.

Parking is very close - we can do this 2 ways : The normal way (pay parking), or the student way (park in a spot they don't check on weekends. even if you get a ticket, they dont collect unless you're a student and they can match the plate to your student account. Don't ask how I know this
tongue.gif
)

The nice thing is the labs are quiet, there's plenty of power available, and a nice big hall with tables to set up the equipment. The area is semi-private - only computing science students with card access can get in. CC cams monitor everything, so its secure - equipment is safe.

The itinerary: We meet, set up, listen to music, chat etc etc till people get hungry. I'll have some snacks to munch on - chips, pop etc etc. Once we get hungry, we can either order pizza in, or go to one of the many pubs around the area and get some better food. The labs are open 24/7 to those with access, so there's no time limit on the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's the current attendee list. If you're name's on this list, I'll send you a reminder PM closer to the meet date. The rest of this stuff is cut/pasted from the planning thread...

==============================
Confirmed: Saturday, May 14th 2005, Noon onwards
==============================

Post when you can make it, and what gear you'll be bringing along. Bring music too, of course - my selection is limited, and not audiophile quality.

I've got a DT-770/80 and a MS2i . I'm ampless currently, but I'm hoping to get a mint soon. I might lug my computer over - although its a beast. It's got an av710 in it. I'll have a mini ipod source too.

Current Attendee list (bringing equipment) :
==================================================
1. rmx (MS2i, DT770/80, ipod mini, RA1 clone)
2. sonick (Koss Porta-Pros, Eggo D66, Pansonic SL-MP30 MP3/CD Player, lots of music)
3. Anarchris (Sennheiser 595, Grado sr-225, MS-2, RS-1 and maybe a Bada amp)
4. Helter Skelter (laptop, Rio Karma, Headsave Classic, my Pioneer SE-DIR800C Dolby Headphone unit, Senneheiser HD595, AKG K271S, SR-60)
5. Natsuiro (?)
6. xtreme4099 (Senn HD580? , Grado SR225?, ppav2 with dynobias2 buffer, phils latest creation, and Tri-Mono - Headcode)
7. Carbonman (HD600's, DT831's, DT880's and a maxed-out PPA)
8. J3mo (ipod mini, cd player (panasonic sl-sx510), sony mdr-g72, lots 'o jazz)
9. Zoboomofo (Sony CD3000s, and some kind of source.)
10. AdamWill (DI Neuros (original USB 1.1 model), Twinstarr Black, Sony MDR-D77 Eggo, SR-80)
11. Das Bill (sennheisers hd212pro, Audio Technica A500s, A large selection of highly encoded MP3's on my Creative Zen, and either Grado SR-60s or Ety E6i's )
12. ricola_pak (Creative NJB3, Creative 5GB Zen Micro, Total AirHead (2AA), AKG K240S, Senn PX-200, Etymotic ER-6i )
13. phobus (m3, ppav2, dynalo. Also ms2, and sa5000 headphones)
14. Mystery guest.
==================================================

Apr 23, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 19
ooooh mystery guest, cool stuff...

how do i get to the MTF labs from the AQ, is it connected to the Engineering wing? Eh, ill find my way round... ill try looking for it one day when class starts again in may

Apr 23, 2005 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 19
from the Academic Quadrangle, go to the Applied Science Building exit. Walk towards B-lot, turn right at the service road before the lot, and walk down the pathway all the way down past the power distribution station, and cross the road. Turn left, walk down that side of the road till you see stairs. Take those down... walk past the xantrex lot till you see the second set of stairs down. take those down, and you're there.

Or, grab a CS geek and ask him/her to take you there.

Apr 25, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 19
aight i booked off the 14th from work, im good to go

May 7, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 19
I'm considering making the trip, depends on whether or not one of my friends will be in town. I'll post back when I decide

May 12, 2005 at 6:50 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx
14. Mystery guest.

Hmmm... I wonder who?
tongue.gif

May 13, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #11 of 19
Great... we're going to have a great turnout! eric343: I PM'd Zzz, but his box is full. If you have an email, tell him about this .

Phobus is not coming, but he's graciously offered his gear to us to listen to. I'm picking it up from him tommorow.

Any idea who's bringing the K1000s?

May 13, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #13 of 19
Oops, posted this in the other thread.

Regrettably, it's looking likely that I won't be able to make it. My car is currently out of commission and I can't seem to locate my birth certificate (which I'd need in order to get back home), so that seems to be that.

Have fun without me, and I'll try to see you at the next Seattle meet.

May 13, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helter Skelter
...I can't seem to locate my birth certificate (which
I'd need in order to get back home...

Time to start searching harder! You still have a day!
tongue.gif

May 14, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #15 of 19
I gave my apartment quite a thorough thrashing looking for it yesterday. At this point, I suspect I lost it the last time I moved. Ah well, next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back