Vancouver Audiophile Meet May 18, 2014!
May 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #181 of 189
The Noble were in the meet but it was set-up late. The whole range was there except the 8C.

Noble 6:

K10:

As a result I decided to just try out the Noble 4, 6 and K10. I gave each a 15-20 min test.

Each one impressed me but the K10 was the product that impressed me the most out of all the headphones there. Starting with the Noble 4, as described in its main thread, is quite neutral and very well balanced. They fit my preferred sound signature tbh but I didn't like the fit at all. The body stuck out too much. The nozzle size is too large circumference wise and too short length wise. I tend to wear my IEM for hours so a large nozzle will be intrusive and have a likelier chance to fall out. The Noble 6 has delicate and detailed sounding bass and treble presentation and is a very nice-slightly-V shaped IEM. The mids were not as present to my liking especially when you home into the bass and treble first. The K10 is incredible. It is airy for an IEM and has a very defined sub-bass. With a direct comparison, the Noble 6 lacks these qualities. To quote Kunlun in his review of the K10:

"The bass is present and very capable but not boosted or forward, the midrange is clear and very smooth with slight warmth, the vocal range has a gentle lift to bring it to the forefront, and the excellent treble is smoothly bright and non-fatiguing. "

With my experience with the K10, the quote is fairly accurate but the only thing I would change in that description:

"The bass is present and very capable but not boosted or forward, the midrange is clear and very smooth with slight warmth, the vocal range has a gentle lift to bring it to the forefront, and the excellent treble is smoothly bright and non-fatiguing. "

I tend to focus on the vocals first as that is where my attention is most of the time I listen to music and I wasn't overly impressed by it. IMO, the vocals are better on the Noble4 since the bass and the treble isn't as engaging and therefore brings out the vocals better. The midrange of the K10 is definitely clear and I absolutely have no problems with it. However, since it is slightly warmer than the bass and treble, it doesn't fit my sound signature as a whole but that is something slight. The K10 is without a doubt a very engaging IEM and I do still want one for 2 factors, the sub-bass presence and the airy sound. I would finally describe it as an airy/open sounding ortho. It really did blew me away. 

May 22, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #182 of 189
Hi guys thanks for coming out to the meet and a big shout out to Travis @ Headphone Bar for sponsoring the meet and to Noble Audio for providing us the opportunity to listen to their incredible line up.

I hope we will get a mini-meet rolling in the near future with any newer gear coming out, especially the AK100 and AK120 mk 2, and the new Hifiman line up. 

@Barra yes, it's very tiresome to send out mass PMs on Head-Fi as I have to send instances of PMs every 8 persons. 

The best way to hear about the head-fi meets is through the Facebook groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VancouverAudiophile/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeattleCANMeets/ but if you're not on facebook, I'm going to be asking the admins to pin the thread to the front page for everyone to see. I just didn't do it for this one because the meet dates were messed up for a bit and didn't know how the whole thing was going to work out until pretty much last minute.

May 22, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #183 of 189
  Hi guys thanks for coming out to the meet and a big shout out to Travis @ Headphone Bar for sponsoring the meet and to Noble Audio for providing us the opportunity to listen to their incredible line up.

I hope we will get a mini-meet rolling in the near future with any newer gear coming out, especially the AK100 and AK120 mk 2, and the new Hifiman line up. 

@Barra yes, it's very tiresome to send out mass PMs on Head-Fi as I have to send instances of PMs every 8 persons. 

The best way to hear about the head-fi meets is through the Facebook groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VancouverAudiophile/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeattleCANMeets/ but if you're not on facebook, I'm going to be asking the admins to pin the thread to the front page for everyone to see. I just didn't do it for this one because the meet dates were messed up for a bit and didn't know how the whole thing was going to work out until pretty much last minute.

Thank you for reaching out and expressing an interest in our kit, It is greatly appreciated. I hope I will be able to make it to your next meet! 
beerchug.gif

May 22, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #184 of 189
  With my experience with the K10, the quote is fairly accurate but the only thing I would change in that description:

I tend to focus on the vocals first as that is where my attention is most of the time I listen to music and I wasn't overly impressed by it. IMO, the vocals are better on the Noble4 since the bass and the treble isn't as engaging and therefore brings out the vocals better. The midrange of the K10 is definitely clear and I absolutely have no problems with it. However, since it is slightly warmer than the bass and treble, it doesn't fit my sound signature as a whole but that is something slight. The K10 is without a doubt a very engaging IEM and I do still want one for 2 factors, the sub-bass presence and the airy sound. I would finally describe it as an airy/open sounding ortho. It really did blew me away. 

I agree with you that the vocals are more focused via the Noble 4, but I think that's the beauty of the Kaiser 10. I'm a vocal maniac and while I love vocals being more in focus sometimes that takes away from the rest of the music. I've journeyed through the Westone ES5, notorious for its buttery mids and vocals, to Audeze's line up, to spacey set ups like HD800, to more rock oriented JH13/16, and the after all this I've found that I appreciate the music as a whole now, unlike in my earlier years when I pursued just a few aspects. My favorite part about the K10 was that it seemed to place the vocals in its separate space and the space between each instrument/vocals/source of sound were very clear, meaning I could focus my attention towards any and all details without being interrupted by blurred lines and muddiness. It's because of this very aspect that although the vocals were not forward like many many other cans, it seemed to still garner attention because of the sheer clarity in imaging and presentation, and how they were presented, the smoothness of it all, being just so seductive and equally delicious as vocals from cans such as the Audezes and the Westone ES5. Then again, this is just me and how I listen to music so I might not be making sense to anyone else here. However, that is how I feel about the Kaiser 10 and how it seems to separate itself and tower over other IEMs and cans thus far.

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #185 of 189
I just want to apologize profusely for dropping out in the middle of organizing this one folks - especially GG and twizzler for losing contact part-way through. Real life took a turn for the worst and I had to "unplug" from the internet in order to deal with things. I'm just glad to hear that everyone managed to have a good time in the end.

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #189 of 189
does anyone in Vancouver have an audeze single ended cable they are not using? I currently can't use my LCD-X because I do not have a cable.... Travis won't have more in until next week. I would love to borrow someone's ( or buy if they don't use it anymore). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back