Vamp Verza, is it worth it? Iphone 5 ever going to be compatible with it?
Apr 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tyhe314

New Head-Fier
I am sure you all have heard about  the vamp Verza by now. It looks like a promising piece of hardware but with the price tag is it really worth it?

Any of you out there get your hands on it yet? What are your thoughts? Is it money well spent or money better spent elsewhere? I like the versatility of a portable amp. I realize $600 will buy you a much better amp you can park next to your computer but I'm willing to pay a little extra for that portability. That being said is it that much better than say a low end amp (Fiio E17)?

One other question: Is the iphone5 ever going to be compatible with it? My mind is boggled by the discussion on the lack of a LoD cable for the iphone 5 and that the adapter from lightning to 30 pin lacks a good DAC. If you use the mini jack to mini jack with an amp, it doesn't offer quite the same quality as a 30 pin does it? If you go onto Vmoda's site they mention that they are working on an iphone 5 cable due out this summer. If you have an iphone 5 is the vamp verza really even worth it? Vamp Verza is going to cost you $600, case $100 and the cable prob $30-$50. Potential $750 worth the improvement?

Oh and I am using Vmoda M-100 headphones.

May 31, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 7
Perhaps it is not wise to bump an uber old thread, but I essentially have the same questions.
I don't care for the Motello cases or using it for Apple devices... Essentially, I just want to get a decent portable DAC amp for Shure SRH1540s and run some FLAC audio through my note 4 all day long.
$600 is a pricey little pill indeed. I am a bit newer to the Audiophile crowd and dont mind dropping the money for crystal clear vocals and accurate bass.

Am I paying for the style or features I don't need?
Thanks, Dillon

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 7
  Perhaps it is not wise to bump an uber old thread, but I essentially have the same questions.
I don't care for the Motello cases or using it for Apple devices... Essentially, I just want to get a decent portable DAC amp for Shure SRH1540s and run some FLAC audio through my note 4 all day long.
$600 is a pricey little pill indeed. I am a bit newer to the Audiophile crowd and dont mind dropping the money for crystal clear vocals and accurate bass.

Am I paying for the style or features I don't need?
Thanks, Dillon

The V-Moda VERZA has been trumped by the new CEntrance Skyn at half the price.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hifi-skyn-iphone-case-made-for-music#/story

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the response. On my mobile I cannot view that link but I shall thoroughly after work. I have been digging in big time in the last few days. I am leaning towards the ifi Audio Micro iDSD after gobs of research.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the response. On my mobile I cannot view that link but I shall thoroughly after work. I have been digging in big time in the last few days. I am leaning towards the ifi Audio Micro iDSD after gobs of research.

Let's just say that the Skyn is a true break through for iPhone/IPT5G integration, and the only other DAP that I know of that uses the new AKM4490 DAC is the new AK380.

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #6 of 7
Yeah it does look sweet, however unlike the OP here, I will be using a Samsung Note 4 for all my listening(Maybe my M17x). I do not have any Apple products on my radar.

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 7
Yeah it does look sweet, however unlike the OP here, I will be using a Samsung Note 4 for all my listening(Maybe my M17x). I do not have any Apple products on my radar.

If that's the case, then go with the newer VentureCraft Vantam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back