Value Judgment 4
Aug 2, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 13
hope and love are two very important things.

even when i'm feeling at my worst, i've always got hope it will get better, and i have the love of my family and friends to help me while things are bad.

i know this sounds incredibly corny, but i think if i lost those 2 things, i would have lost everything.

Aug 2, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 13
me thinks the law of diminishing returns (and diminishing taste!) has well and truly kicked in!
mad.gif

g

Aug 2, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 13
i have thought about it, just as an easy way out of things. but when it comes down to it, ive had 2 freinds do it, one of which i saw. and i could not put my family/freinds through the crap that i went through twice.

Aug 2, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by guzzler
me thinks the law of diminishing returns (and diminishing taste!) has well and truly kicked in!
mad.gif

What do you find so distasteful, the question or Dweebgal's response?
confused.gif

Aug 3, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 13
yeah, an explanation for that comment might be nice.

i can't personally see how i may have said anything distasteful, but apologies if i have offended.

Aug 3, 2003 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 13
talking about happiness is one thing, but asking peoples opinions and feelings about something so devastating as suicide is just plain wrong! one of my sisters friends, friends commited suicide and my sisters friend came round, and he was gutted... its somehow far worse than natural death, in that you maybe think, what could i have done??

and as for the law of diminishing returns, look at the number of replies as you move from Value Judgement 1-4!

edit: sorry dweebgal, not put towards you at all!

g

Aug 4, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by guzzler
talking about happiness is one thing, but asking peoples opinions and feelings about something so devastating as suicide is just plain wrong! one of my sisters friends, friends commited suicide and my sisters friend came round, and he was gutted... its somehow far worse than natural death, in that you maybe think, what could i have done??

and as for the law of diminishing returns, look at the number of replies as you move from Value Judgement 1-4!

Have you actually assumed that these questions somehow reflect my opinions or beliefs? That's an amusing idea.
tongue.gif

But regarding suicide, I see it as a viable alternative in my own life. I plan to have either a peaceful, relatively pain free death, or a very fast one. I haven't the slightest fear of the process, and should the need arise I will approach it with far less trepidation than I would, for example, another quadruple bypass.

Life is a terminal condition, guzzler. Rid yourself of the fear of your own death and you may discover a sense of liberation that few attain.

Aug 4, 2003 at 1:05 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Spad
Have you ever considered suicide? What is so important to you that without it life would not be worth living?

Suicide is not about what is missing in my life. It is more about what I don't want to keep doing. I have considered it many times. Even a few times that I seriously considered it. Maybe if I wasn't so lazy I would get it done. I need more motivation.

Aug 4, 2003 at 4:10 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Suicide is not about what is missing in my life. It is more about what I don't want to keep doing. I have considered it many times. Even a few times that I seriously considered it. Maybe if I wasn't so lazy I would get it done. I need more motivation.

One of the news magazine shows, possibly "60 Minutes," ran a segment on assisted suicide a couple of weeks ago. Apparently Switzerland has an incredibly liberal new law that allows literally anyone to assist someone in taking their life. As I recall, all that is required is that the police be notified before the event.

The case in the segment involved an 84 year old German gentleman with advanced Parkinson's. He had lost his wife the year before and simply didn't want to live anymore. He arrived that morning and was dead that same afternoon, 24 minutes after the interview ended, from a lethal prescribed dose of phenobarbital.

Whether or not he made the "right" decision, I think it was his to make. But even I have doubts about liberalizing the law to that extent.

Aug 4, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #13 of 13
when did i even imply that these stupid questions reflect your views?? and if you even think that suicide is an option you want to consider, you should definately get some help!

g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back