Value Judgement 7
Aug 3, 2003 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ai0tron

Banned
I knew I was going to do this, I tried to stop myself, but... couldn't. I know, it's wrong, I should be out experiencing life, though, to be honest, the point of it escapes me.

I realized that the only thing we know for sure is a tiny moment of time called the now, and everything else is just a radiant streamer fading away behind it. The mind quickly loses it's grip on what has passed by. Sure some of it is stored in memory, most of it is just gone.

Even if you do remember it, what's the point of that?

Maybe it's better to be crazy and just believe that everything around you is chocolate flavored. To have all your memories of high school include dates and blow jobs from those hot chicks you dreamed about? Maybe it happened to me and I just forgot about it. Maybe high school was the best thing ever and I just can't remember anymore.

That's the inherent realization of most people, that the moment is all that really exists, so they try desperately to make each moment stupendous.

But, it's all for naught.

You'd be better off crazy than living anything. I mean trully crazy, not broken crazy like you see in the movies, but totally perfectly delusional, the sky is pink, clouds are cotton candy, and pineapple rain really is pineapple flavored. Whats stopping you from believing?

Cmon, it's so easy, value judgement number 7. It's your pill, it's your happiness. Make the world dissapear. Live life to the fullest, each moment experienced 100%, enrich your life, you don't have to remember, you don't worry about forgetting, the past doesn't matter because each new moment is better than the rest.

Let's make babies, and ascend the stairway to heavenly perfection. Let's watch things that makes us laugh and forget and love everything, joy, joy... joy... joy... joy...

Aug 3, 2003 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 10
Whoah. I think you already found your happy pill(s) cause I can't understand half of what you wrote up there
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 10
This isn't about pills, it's about memories and living life and the point of it in the face of memories. How do you justify a forgotten existence? How do you explain the moment you find yourself living? Are memories all you need to validate your existence? Are they just figments, would any made up memory work just as well? etc.

Aug 4, 2003 at 6:15 AM Post #5 of 10
Memories and the now are who I am. Who I was is a very big part of who I am now. To disconect the two would be to lose yourself and to not exist at all.

There are some people who have complete amnesia and can not form new memories. They create themselves anew every 15 minutes or so.

Aug 4, 2003 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
This isn't about pills, it's about memories and living life and the point of it in the face of memories. How do you justify a forgotten existence? How do you explain the moment you find yourself living? Are memories all you need to validate your existence? Are they just figments, would any made up memory work just as well? etc.

I know it wasn't about pills, I was just poking you in the ribs about not being able to follow what you wrote at first
tongue.gif

Memories don't necessarily make up who I am, but experiences do. I don't have a memory for every experience but every sort of experience, no matter how small, has had an impact on who I am. Memories allow us to reflect back on how we got where we are but they don't really make who we are. To me, many memories should be buried since they are a restraint and a hindrance towards moving forward in life. I'd rather think about the possibilities of the future than reminisce (sp?) about the happenings of the past. You've already experienced the past, it has made its impact upon you, so look for new experiences.

Aug 4, 2003 at 1:11 PM Post #7 of 10
Narcissistic behavior is considered bad form by many people.

I can live life without agreeing the sky is blue, I know it is yellow.
I can go days without seeing another human. Those are good days. I do understand that there are other humans around, but I refuse to see them.

Aug 4, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Narcissistic behavior is considered bad form by many people.

I can live life without agreeing the sky is blue, I know it is yellow.
I can go days without seeing another human. Those are good days. I do understand that there are other humans around, but I refuse to see them.

Hell is other people.
--Jean-Paul Sartre

Aug 4, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron

Your own memories are not the ones that justify your existence.
The memories of those around you of you that do.
Those that love you (and those that hate you).
Those that you have interacted with thoroughly (or at a passing glance).

It is their memories of you that justify your existence.

You will realize this after you start "making babies".

Aug 4, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #10 of 10
Mmmm, making babies.

Anyone watch Sealab 2021??

It's pretty damn funny. Anyhow, in that episode this chicks biological clock goes off, which means, she gets the urge to make babies. Anyhow, funny **** ensues. She interviews members of the crew to find out which one will be best to "impregnate" her. At one point she is interviewing this crew memmber named "hesch", she says to him "So, Hesch, how would you make a good father??" Hesch starts hmmming "Uhhh, welll, ummm." this is interspersed with shots of him scratching his ass. Suddenly he just jumps at her and screams "Give Hesch some sex!!!"

The sort of point of that is, how can you say that a biological desire is meaningful? It's just like winding up a little race car and letting it bounce off walls in your bedroom. The car itself hits wall after wall, it's little motor turning. The motor eventually winds down and it stops working. The car did what mechanics made it do. It may have thought it had free will, the urge to keep going, but, sadly it was just a gear and a spring in it's little body that provided that urge.

Isn't that what biology is? Just a gear and a spring inside our little bodies giving us various urges? Uh oh, running low on nutrients: INDUCE URGE TO EAT, uh oh, body running down: INDUCE URGE TO SLEEP. Uh oh, their are only 6 billion humans on earth, plus I had a ****ty day at work that a bag of chocolate couldn't fix: INDUCE URGE FOR SEX. ETC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back