Vaio Pocket Sound Quality
Mar 24, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #16 of 21
I'm very happy with my Vaio Pocket. The quality of this thing is pretty amazing. EQ is pretty typical of Sony, IMO the best EQ on a DAP. It is a little bit larger than its competitors although still quite a bit smaller than a Zen. I agree with Cerith in that the sound is better and has more depth. The jack is pretty powerful. It drives my V6 to unbearable volume at about 3/5 of max. The navigation is very intuitive and once you've had it for more than a day, Gsense is becomes a part of you. I don't even have to look at the player to navigate sometimes if I know where the album is relative to the one I'm listening to. The screen is simply amazing. It's extremely bright and the color has a lot of depth. Battery life is great.

Some issues I have with this player:
Sonicstage is a piece of crap. But with the new update, it is now pretty tolerable.
Browsing is a bit on the slow side. If it has to fire up the hard drive, it may take up to 5 seconds to open an album but once it's started, it takes at most, 1 second. It's not too bad and I can deal with it.

Mar 24, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

EQ is pretty typical of Sony, IMO the best EQ on a DAP

I'm surprised : I've tried one in a shop, and I found the EQ really poor : only 6 presets, no user preset, no individual frequencies adjust. If I compare with my Iriver, it offers far less possibilities ! And what to say about comparison with the Karma's eq...

Mar 25, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #18 of 21
Falcon72, are your here ?

Did the EQ possibilities change (improve) after the firmware upgrade ?

Mar 25, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #19 of 21
i have another question, which isnt related to the sound quality, but like most minidisc users, the remote has been one of the most useful accessories with past sony audio players. i was wondering how useful the remote that comes the vaio pocket is?

Mar 25, 2005 at 8:54 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by XP_98
I'm surprised : I've tried one in a shop, and I found the EQ really poor : only 6 presets, no user preset, no individual frequencies adjust

this sucks for being a modern Sony 450+ $ mp3 player..

Mar 25, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #21 of 21
the EQ still has 6 settings but I find them pretty adequate because I don't use EQ too much. I find the EQ quality to be nice, however. I use the classical and the jazz sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back