VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, August 31, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #16 of 100
Quote:
My hm901 w/ balanced arrives this monday, so I will be able to bring it for sure.

Nice, I will have my AK120, so who is going to bring a DX100?

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #18 of 100
I should be able to make this, and I can bring my HE-500 and by super budget RE-400/Clip+ portable setup 
biggrin.gif
.  Still sorting out my source equipment, but I may have my new DAC by then and if so I'll bring that and the amp I'm using as well.  Saturdays are relatively flexible if the date needs to be moved back, that should be no problem.

Stoked to hear your HM-901 Zach!  Are you just running the HE-400 off of it for now, or did you pick up a new pair of IEMs?

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 100
I should be able to make this, and I can bring my HE-500 and by super budget RE-400/Clip+ portable setup 
biggrin.gif

.  Still sorting out my source equipment, but I may have my new DAC by then and if so I'll bring that and the amp I'm using as well.  Saturdays are relatively flexible if the date needs to be moved back, that should be no problem.

Stoked to hear your HM-901 Zach!  Are you just running the HE-400 off of it for now, or did you pick up a new pair of IEMs?

Currently I'm just using it with the he-400, I just recently ordered a wagnus epsilon s too, but that will take over a month to get here :frowning2: so it probably wont make it to the meet. I am also planning on ordering a pair of hidition nt-6 pros in a few weeks to use with the 901 too. Very excited :D

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #20 of 100
Quote:
Currently I'm just using it with the he-400, I just recently ordered a wagnus epsilon s too, but that will take over a month to get here
frown.gif
so it probably wont make it to the meet. I am also planning on ordering a pair of hidition nt-6 pros in a few weeks to use with the 901 too. Very excited
biggrin.gif

Haha, straight to the top of the portable chain 
biggrin.gif
 Kudos!

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 100
Quote:
I'd also be interested in hearing the Stax earphones, mainly the SRS-002.

Just bring the entire Stax headphone line, and while you're at it, bring some Stax amps in addition to the BHSE...
bigsmile_face.gif

Actually, I do want to hear the difference in amps with the 007mk2s... But most of us will just be happy if you come and bring anything that sounds good.

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #25 of 100
I should be able to make this, will bring along Lyr+Bifrost (uber), HE400, HD650, HD598, M80, PFE232, Arrow 4T and NuForce U192S (usb->SPDIF). 

Aug 23, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #29 of 100
I should now have my Shure SE846 by Tuesday.  Don't think I'll have the hybrid cables by that weekend though.

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #30 of 100
I'm about 70%. I went to the same location in May which was my first meet. Had  a great time.

I'm  pretty basic as I've been putting most of my $ into a little speaker system and Sonos for the house. Spent the summer reripping about 8,000 tracks into lossless.

I'm about to pick up a Rotel RA 12 (integrated amp w/ a decent Wolfson DAC and a variety of digital inputs). And, I've just  ordered theeSonos sub and playbar. All of which has set me back on my HP gear wish list. I've just got what I started with on the headfi journey this year:

Asgard-2
Grado 225i

At the last meet there weren't any Asgards, so if anyone is curious how it pairs with their gear, I  could bring mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back