VA / MD / DC meet on Saturday, July 28, 2012
Jun 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #17 of 64
I forgot, I do have a "new" headphone to bring.  I've had a vintage Sony ECR-500 electret for a couple of years, but without an transformer box to drive it.  When I mentioned it on the ortho thread, waulta kindly sent me one for free.  These aren't your typical electrets, they have bass.  They sound great and look great too.

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #18 of 64
I have never been to one of these before and this looks like it could be fun. I might have to come down. 

I would be able to bring the AKG K702, Grado 325is, and Beyerdynamic DT 1350. I for amps I could bring the Schiit Asgard and my PA2V2. Source wise I could bring the Teac CD-P650, which has an ipod input.

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #23 of 64
Quote:
i'll be there!  not a long drive

will bring the Blue Hawaii SE, Stax SR-007 and SR-009, Pico DACs/Amps including the Pico Power prototype unit

I'll plan on making the trip.  I can bring some of my CANS - by that time I'll have 3 of the much talked about Fostex T50RP Mods.  The Paradox, the Mad Dogs, and the BMF v 8.1s. I can also bring the LCD-2 and the HE-6.  I would like to bring the B22 but it's in Cincinnati, And I don't know how I'll get it there.

Justn:  Will you have a prototype of the new GS-X ready?

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #24 of 64
I'll be attending.  Woo Hoo.  I can provide the HifiMAN HE-400s (rev. 2), the HE-500s, the Fostex T50RP "Mad Dogs" and possibly a pair of Blue Monkey Flyer 8.1 Fostex T50RPs.  Oh Schiit, that reminds me, I don't have a very small amp -- just a full size Yamaha RX-797.  And, my source for home has been the Squeezebox devices.  I might have to pack up the Denon DVD player with the Burr-Brown DACs and some old CDs to connect it all together.  

Edit: I can also have the Sennheiser HD-428 with the bass mod applied.  A very cheap can with a free mod that just takes 15 minutes of time.  These headphones are available for under $50.00.  While they certainly are not of the level that a HifiMAN or Audeze can offer, they are very light headphones and would be great to take along for a vacation - so one wouldn't have to leave their music at home or have to suffer with some very mediocre headphones.

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #25 of 64
Man... Otakon, and an Agalloch concert all on the same day.

Probably won't go to Otakon, and I've been waiting awhile to catch an East Coast Agalloch concert... I wouldn't really have anything *spectacular* or interesting since I listen to portables now a days, and have been focusing on home theater purchases. If I do go I could bring:

K701
ATH-ESW9
ATH-AD700
SR-80 (with a simple removable cable mod, stock cable and Mogami)
HD555
HD280

I don't really have any amps, other than my Denon AVR, Fiio e5 and e11, and a Lepai Tripath LP-2020A.

I'd be anxious to hear the Stax, especially the SR-009, since I only got to listen to the SR-007 and SR-404 for a short time while in Tokyo.

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #27 of 64
I will try to attend.  Might be able to get my LA2000 out of the house, and I doubt my B22 will be complete in time for this meet.

It would be awesome if someone had an HD650 to bring.  Been wanting to hear what it is all about.

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #28 of 64
Quote:
I will try to attend.  Might be able to get my LA2000 out of the house, and I doubt my B22 will be complete in time for this meet.

It would be awesome if someone had an HD650 to bring.  Been wanting to hear what it is all about.

Are you building your own B22 or are you having a builder do it?

If I come I have a pair of HD650s to bring.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #29 of 64
I am doing it myself.  I have all the parts except for the casing, but I am holding off until I have everything so I can plan it all out properly.  And I doubt I will have the casing and parts all ready with enough time to build it before the meet.  Maybe I can bring it by if there is a meet this winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back