"V6's in New Zealand?" (or, "We gotta help poor NZWaverider!")
Jul 22, 2001 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gluegun

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, after ranting a bunch at this post on this trance forum

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/s...932#post150932

it seems that I have a convert (YAY!)! We have a person who actually wants to replace his *ahem* Sennheiser HD200's with a better set of phones, namely, the Sony MDR-V6. Unfortunately, this dude kinda lives in New Zealand, and he, uh, doesn't have a credit card.

Guys, I'm like, overflowing with empathy and pity for this dude! We gotta help him! Is there ANY way to get a decent set of recording/mixing headphones in New Zealand at a decent price? Maybe there's an online store that accepts that ships there for cheap, and accepts payment other than credit cards? We gotta help him!

Jul 22, 2001 at 8:28 AM Post #2 of 10
Hey Gluegun

Have just checked the sony.co.nz site and unfortunately the V6 is NOT available in NZ, along with most of SONY's best products. I had to mail-order my CD1700s from the UK 'cos they weren't available here. Without a credit card he has a problem, but otherwise ordering the phones from the UK is probably the best idea as the VAT deduction should cover the post of postage. The other option is you could check some NZ sites for what's available here and advise him based on that....
http://www.colinwalkingtonaudio.co.nz/id35.htm (Grado and Senn)
www.sony.co.nz

I did a quick web search and it looks as though no-one in NZ does Beyer!!

Good luck
Hamsta

Jul 22, 2001 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 10
Slightly problematic...

Here in the UK we don't actually have either the V6, or the 7506... Sorry... We might still have a pair or two of MDR-CD1700s left at Ask Electronics (they have a website, but... I can't find it) but... no promises

Jul 24, 2001 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
We might still have a pair or two of MDR-CD1700s left at Ask Electronics (they have a website, but... I can't find it) but... no promises

ASK Electronics' website is www.ask2.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back