V6 or SE-MONITOR10R?
Jun 21, 2004 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Skipinder

100+ Head-Fier
I need to get new portable headphones for my new Sony DNF-400
biggrin.gif
(thanks to everyone at the portable-audio forum for recomending me a sony), after reading through the forum and reviews I narrowed my choice down to the SOny V6s or the pioneer SE-MONITOR10R. I thought about the 280 pros but I want them to be able to fold up. What do you think is better?

thanks in advance

Jun 21, 2004 at 8:08 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanx for the quick reply metal monger.
They do fold up? I might consider them then. Are they as durable as the sonys? THey are mostly plastic so I don't think that they are. I need something that I can put in my bag and not worry that they will break.

Jun 21, 2004 at 9:26 AM Post #4 of 9
i dont own the 280's......yet......but i have used them from a friend, i do remeber them being plastic-ish but they are very robust and i got the impression they are very sturdy. i think they more liketly to take more abuse then the v6 because the v6 (if i recall correctly) has the pleather headband which would look very ugly if it was beatup, the 280s i think would look better after some abuse. also while the v6 earcups do look sturdy, the 280's looked very sturdy.

im posting all of this from memory....so could be slightly off.

Jun 21, 2004 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipinder
Thanx for the quick reply metal monger.
They do fold up? I might consider them then. Are they as durable as the sonys? THey are mostly plastic so I don't think that they are. I need something that I can put in my bag and not worry that they will break.

Its gonna be hard to match the durability of the V6, built like a tank.

Jun 21, 2004 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 9
THanx for the replies
I think I'll just stick to the V6s or the pioneer SE-MONITOR10R.
metal_monger
I'm sure that the 280s are sturdy, but I doubt that after the same amount of abuse the 280s will last longer than the V6s.
Adept
That's one reason why want the V6s, it can take the abuse I throw at it.

So, which would you get the V6s or the SE-MONITOR10R?

Thanx again

Jun 21, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #7 of 9
I just went out and heard the hd280s and they sound awsome, I like them better than the V6s. Has anyone here heard the pioneers? (I know terrymx has, do you like them better than the V6s?)

Jun 21, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #8 of 9
unfortunately i havent heard the hd280, but from what i read, i am pretty sure if you like more bass and lower bass then the hd280 would be more suitable for you. the 10r have bass too, but its almost a tight bass and not much inquantity compared to the v6. the real strength of the 10r is in the treble and it is suprisingly decent for classical with a nice soundstage for a closed can.

well anyway, i went to my friend house the other day and compared the v6 with the 10r, they are both made of hard plastic. if the two headphones got into a fight, the 10r would beat the crap out of the v6. the 10r felt much sturdier (and heavier too). also the 10r got two of those huge screws on the side that can hurt if you knock someone on the head with it. i put them in my bookbag too a few times, but any headphones will break from abuses. so you should put it in a leatherbag or something and not toss the bookbag around. if you do that it will survive.

expect longer cord than the v6, bigger earcups and look goofy with the 10r.

Quote:

do you like them better than the v6

absolutely everything about it more

Jun 21, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 9
thank you for the reply terrymx!
It sounds like I will like the 10r better. I thought the v6 had to much bass.
Quote:

expect longer cord than the v6, bigger earcups and look goofy with the 10r.

I would like the bigger earcups. And I already look goofy. I'm an east indian with a fro and beard and when I wear my hat (which is almost always) I look like a clown.
icon10.gif

If only there was a place where I could hear the pioneers in Ottawa, Ontario. Does anyone know a place in OTtawa or toronto that sells these? I would love to listen to them.
I might just take a chance and buy the pioneers blindly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back