v6 or open phones for music practice?
Oct 21, 2001 at 4:46 PM Post #16 of 20
Hi Tim,
Were I you, I would still prefer open cans for extended practice sessions for the reasons I mentioned previously, but I must say that for the price point, the Sony V6/7506s are the most accurate, and certainly one of the most efficient cans we've discussed. They're closed and I personally find them hot and not too terribly comfy in the warm weather and for extended listening. The Beyer velour pads would help in the comfort department.
Best of luck!
Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2001 at 12:23 AM Post #17 of 20
Thanks everyone! At this point, I'm leaning towards the V6's ---they get such good recommendations from everyone and I have liked other circumaural phones I've tried--- but I'm gonna learn as much as I can about the Grado SR80's before making a final decision. I've been trying to read up on Grado comfort modifications, but don't really understand some of the details, (e.g. "bowl? vs. donut?"; flipping pads backwards, etc.)
confused.gif
Is there a description somewhere with pictures?

Oct 22, 2001 at 12:24 AM Post #18 of 20
I played piano for a long time on a Yamaha digital piano with V6s. It works really well. They're comfy and accurate and don't need an amp. Grados are too colored for monitoring purposes, though they are enjoyable for fun listening.

Oct 22, 2001 at 5:16 PM Post #20 of 20
this site and all of you have been a huge help. i'll keep lurking and learning as much as i can, and try to audition the v6's, grados, and ms1's. it may take me a while to decide, but i'll give you the update when i do make my purchase.

last question for now: any suggestions on where to audition headphones in san francisco?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back