V6 in Canada?
Oct 18, 2001 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DesBen

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there,

Would any of you know where you can buy a pair of V6 in Canada? Seems tough to find. I know they are $80 at DJMart.com, but with the current exchange rate (+ shipping and customs), I'd rather buy them locally.

Many thanks!

Oct 18, 2001 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 13
I had the same problem a couple months ago. In the end I abandoned it because these cans do not exist in Canada
wink.gif
Everyplace I called kept telling me they had the V600's and that they were just as good as the V6..... after doing 3 seconds of research online i learned that this just isn't true! Anyway.... good luck and be sure to post your results if you find anything out.

Oct 25, 2001 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 13
Ordering from the US...

USD$70 for the V6 (I have my sources
wink.gif
)
USD$15 for ground shipping (UPS)
That's USD$85 or CDN$135 (exchange rate is about CDN$1 = USD$0.63)

Canadian customs charge 15%, plus CDN$5.50 for looking at it.
CDN$135 * 1.15 + CDN$5.50 = CDN$160.75

UPS charges $34.50 for "Broker's fee", i.e. "preparing the package for the customs to inspect". What BS.
CDN$160.75 + CDN$34.50 = CDN$195.25

Back to USD: CDN$195.25 * 0.63 = USD$123

So, a USD$70 pair of headphones ends up costing USD$123 in Canada (after 2 weeks of waiting, of course).

God bless America!

Oct 25, 2001 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 13
Desben - i've come to similarly saddening conclusions concerning purchasing goods in the States
frown.gif

there was some discussion a 3-4 years ago here in Canada
concerning getting rid of the our own currency and simply using american money. Kinda like what's happening in Europe with the euro.

I know the idea got quickly shot down because too many Canadians are afraid of being too similar to the Americans to begin with.... and using their currency would be some kind of concession to our Red White and Blue brothers who already have much influence up here.

Well, here's me reviving the idea! I like it! I bow down to the ulmighty american dollar! He is my god!
wink.gif

Or maybe we Canadians can join the European Union and use the euro! Or maybe Canada, the USA, and Mexico could get our own version of the euro going on. Probably just call it the North American dollar which would be shortened to the american dollar, which it would essentially be in the first place....

okay.. no more typing. WAKE UP!

Oct 26, 2001 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

He is my god!

P'cha.....stupid Canadian. Every REAL American, and I don't mean "wanna-be" American
wink.gif
, knows our currency is FEmale....

wink.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
Every REAL American, and I don't mean "wanna-be" American
wink.gif
, knows our currency is FEmale....
wink.gif

I've heard Americans say that about our multi-coloured money. Personally I love the looks of Canadian money, it's pretty.
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena

Personally I love the looks of Canadian money, it's pretty.
tongue.gif

Well yeah, asthetically speaking Canadian money is quite pleasing compared to American greenbacks. How can you tell all those bills apart? Bloody annoying I say
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sorry vij ... I guess American women look a bit more "man-ish" than our graceful, delicate Canadian gals
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 2:51 AM Post #9 of 13
You think the Canadian dollar has got problems?? You should try the Australian PESO!
tongue.gif

Fortunatley, our currency is rather purty too...as are our female persons
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 4:46 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Probably just call it the North American dollar which would be shortened to the american dollar, which it would essentially be in the first place....

I don't think the North American Dollar would be right. The abbreviation would be a Nad.

Oct 26, 2001 at 1:25 PM Post #12 of 13
I am also live in Canada. Just ask the store to send the item by FedEx or Postal mail and do not use UPS. Fedex charge $7cdn for brokeage, Postal charge $5 (2 years ago, not sure for now), and UPS charge $25! Of coruse, we still have to pay the 7% gst and $30+ 3 days air shipping.
mad.gif

Oct 28, 2001 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 13
Oh, if you use UPS' 3 day air shipping, you get brokeage for free (still have to pay 15% tax if you live in Ontario). I think that service is about $40 (canadian, I think...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back