v6.7506 in vancouver canada/
Dec 21, 2001 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

panoz777

Head-Fier
ok ok ok... guys.and.gals thx for ur advise.. i will be getting a pair of v6 with velour pads.. but for all canadians out hea.... where can i audition for a pair of v6 or snny mdr-7506. what store? epspcially in vancouver/

Dec 21, 2001 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 10
hey lots of ppl from vancity are showing up....

I too have been looking for the v6 locally too......heres my info.....

no one has the v6 so far from the places i've phoned.....Long and Mcquade (surrey location and vancity location) both have the 7506 for $195. Other L and M locations said they could order in the 7506, since at the moment they are out of stock.

Tom Lee Music (vancity location) has the 7506 for $180. However, all these prices are WAY more than i want to pay ( i was hoping to find the v6 for about $120 or less).

Other fyi: I found the grado sr60's at Hifi Centre (near AB Sound downtown) for $150, and at Sound Plus (vancity) for $129.

sapphiremodena also informed me that AB Sound carries the koss 50's and portas, and radioshack carries the senn mx400's.

if you find the v6's PLEASE TELL ME!!!

happy hunting
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2001 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 10
.....Looks like jlo mein just beat me to it....
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
melancholypunk also informed me that AB Sound carries the koss 50's and portas, and radioshack carries the senn mx400's.

Man, that was me who told you that (unless he told you that too!) hehe no worries of course
Yeah, be sure to tell us ALL if you can find the v6's in Canada....i would be ever so grateful....

Dec 21, 2001 at 5:50 AM Post #5 of 10
ya thats the cheapest price for the 7506 i found so far. Today, i only phoned places in the phone book under Stereo and Musical Instruments (places started to close at 5 and 6).

Tommorrow i will phone places listed under Audio and Sound. (masterplan is a dj shop, sounds like a good start).

btw: i also phoned some sony stores and asked if they can order old products from sony warehouses or something and they said no....

i'm going to phone an Official Sony Parts Dealer tommorrow and see if they can order headphones.

Dec 21, 2001 at 6:06 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

AB Sound carries the koss 50's and portas, and radioshack carries the senn mx400's.

thats truth.. a&b sound is where i audition for the koss ksc-50.. the rat shack is selling the mx400 for only $19.99cdn.

Quote:

Sony 7506's for $180 CDN at Tom Lee

dats kinda expensive... online u can find the v6 for around $75us/ btw, can you audition for the 7506;s at tom lee?

Dec 21, 2001 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 10
i kno thats expensive.....the v6 can be had online for $69US and the 7506 for like $89US.....but thats the kind of rip of prices we get in canada....

i'm sure tom lee will let you audition them....they might already have demos available....i don't think they expect you to buy a pair of headphones without trying them....
smily_headphones1.gif

i wish an oline retailer in canada sold v6's....
frown.gif

Dec 22, 2001 at 6:47 AM Post #8 of 10
today i went to Long and McQuade just to audition the 7506's....i actually didn't like them as much as i thought i would....i guess i'm an open can kinda guy....

i ended up buying the grado sr60's at sound plus today for $129....i like these a lot....more comfortable than i thought.....they're burning in right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2001 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 10
.................................................. .....................................
today i went to Long and McQuade just to audition the 7506's....i actually didn't like them as much as i thought i would....i guess i'm an open can kinda guy....

i ended up buying the grado sr60's at sound plus today for $129....i like these a lot....more comfortable than i thought.....they're burning in right now
.................................................. .....................................

jlo mein, can u describe the sound quality comparing the 7506 to the grados sr-60 for the guys who havent audition to both of them yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back