v6.7506 alternatives
Jan 1, 2002 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tracylynn

100+ Head-Fier
are there any sony v6.7506 alternatives..... i audition for them.. at a local e.store. i find them not "musical" at all....they sounded flat and plain... just DULL

while my koss ksc-35 sounded more "musical" and enjoyable over the sony v6. any suggestion.. for a lightwieght headphones....

http://www.cyberphoto.se/sennheiser/hd497.php .. btw the senn 497 looks cool.. has anyone tired 'em on?

Jan 1, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 8
I doubt anybody's tried the 497s, as I think they're just becoming available from Headroom. The Beyer 250-80s have been described as basically a more musical V6, you might give them a try.

Jan 1, 2002 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 8
too many options

but if you want to find the same kind of purpose (studio monitor) style of can of the v6
it'll be hard to find

The v6 is quite flatt, with very deep bass responce but had a amplified high-mid range for analitical (detailed) listening for flaws...

To find another can for that purpose is not very easy

I'd say maybe some of the beyers, will suit your purpose just fine
however... to get the same analitical midrange
you may have to have to eq them somehow

Jan 2, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

tracylynn said...

... i find the beyer to be too bulky and heavy for a girl's head :p

while, the philips 910... seems ok?

Eh? Have you tried the Beyers on? According to Jan Meier's website, the Beyers weigh 240 g., while Jan estimates the weight of the 910s at 270 g. in that other thread of his talking about them. So the Phillips headphones would weigh at least as much, if not more, than the Beyers.

Admit it, you just want the 910 because they look cool!
tongue.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 4:54 AM Post #8 of 8
My girlfriend has a very little head and she likes the 250-80s, it took her a while to get used to them (vs cheapie lightweight headphones) but she doesn't mind them at all now
smily_headphones1.gif

In fact, the 250-80s that I use are actually hers
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back