V-MOTA Headphone Casings Review.
Aug 1, 2014 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

firev1

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm a headphone(duh) guy in Singapore where most of us there are more into IEMs or High-End Hifi(at least imo) rather than the headphone scene. Recently, I helped a friend of mine repair his Alo Continental and as it turns out, he happened to be distributing some hardy headphone cases via distributor Far Tech Enterprise as well. So just a disclaimer, I was passed these samples for review by my friend.

Those who bought some mid or hi-end headphones like Hifiman, Audezes, Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics would know that some models do not take too well to being stuffed in bags, and the default cases usually given are too bulky, heavy and generally terrible to travel with(especially those nice woody cases). Fortunately, 3rd party case makers like V-Mota offer awesome hard cases for headphones which are very competitively priced.

V-Mota(yes guys it’s a pretty lol name :X) offerings are many but I will be focusing on this review, their cases for full sized headphones and their “universal model”. Their 3 models that I will be reviewing are the BCC(Universal model), BCB(For full sized headphones) and the BCA(for supra-aurals or smaller cans).

BCC: Universal model, (measures 24cm x 20cm x 12cm) MSRP: 45 SGD 

The universal model is very nice and hardy, has great form factor and transport just about any headphone out there though I would not be too comfy with putting in my woodies if any, that is reserved for the full sized model. I used this casing to travel around meets with my HD800s and I have punched it hard multiple times(headphones inside) and hey, the casing works! Cool features despite the lack of a foam insert like the other models is that the headphones are secured with a set of elastic Velcro straps rather than a fix rubber straps for convenient security of your headphones. The net pouch for accessories is also velcro secured and that makes it very easy to insert stuff and paste the pouch over. Overall the most practical casing of the lot(in my case) for its easy to use form factor, lightness and versatility.

Above: Model BCC casing(front)

BCB : The full size model model. (measures 28cm x 24.5cm x 12cm) MSRP: 55SGD

Now THIS is a headphone case, full form fitting hard foam inserts protect your headphones from rocking around the box and to me, is the best form of protection for headphones(looks a lot better than the one from the hippocase for example). For headphones with larger sizes, foam inserts may be taken out to fit various headphone driver size.

There are inserts to be removed or installed as well for various headband profiles like AKG or Audio Technica headbands which have pretty weird profiles. The raised center frontal area allows drivers of large headphones to fit inside the case snugly without increasing too much bulk, this shows their attentiveness to detail, count me impressed! On the reversed side, a flexible net pocket can be used to stow your cables, the chamber area is pretty large in case your cables get bulky. A couple of cons I guess is that compared to the zero inserts model, its bulkier and heavier as well. The ridge or plateau of the headphone case allows space for large drivers like Audezes, Hifimans, MrSpeakers' Mad Dogs, Alpha Dogs and HD800s.

BCA : The supra-aural model (with foam inserts), (measures 28cm x 24.5cm x 12cm) MSRP: 55SGD

I don’t have any portable amps atm to fit in this case but this is clearly meant for those who carry around portable stacks for their headphones, I felt that a little clearance(just a inch or less) could be made to fit in smaller open headphones but this is one of the coolest cases with slots for amplifiers, wire and all your other audio gadgetry to take on the go. As with the full sized headphones casing, this one also has foam inserts to be removed or installed according to user preferences but for just the wire(?) slot.  On the other side are 2 sets of velcro pockets for various accessories. Very convenient for carrying around various adapters and cablings that you will need.

For all 3 cases, the material used is impressive as its really hard to make it buckle at one point by putting pressure on it, it distributes over the entire casing so your headphones will surely be very safe especially if you are stacking some items over your casings, or stacking them on one another when you are starved for space like I am. In conclusion, solid value and great protection for carrying headphones around.

So where can you get them? So far for a 'legit' one, Singapore's E1 Personal Audio will be selling them at the listed prices, for peeps overseas, I think my friend does has some plans but will have to check out with him first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back