v-moda's vs ne-7, ne-8 (lower end IEC for gym)
Feb 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

noname420

New Head-Fier
Trying to decide on a pair of IEC's for my 4th gen Nano. I use earbuds on the bus and at the gym and mostly listen to techno, blues, and jazz. I dont like extreme high's and do enjoy the bass. So far I am considering v-moda bass, v-moda vibes, NE-7 and NE-8. I read all the good reviews about ne-7 sound quality but nothing much said about using them at the gym. Also they cost twice as much as low end v-moda's. And i do not really need microphone.

What do you guys reccomend? I preffer to not over spend but I do want something comfortable, durable, and bassy.

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm new to the forum and based on the recommendations here I bought the Nuforce NE 7m. I go to the gym frequently so I'm going to see how well these do over the weekend as I've just received these today. Based on how these fit I think they will be okay for weight lifting, but i'm not sure how these will do on the treadmill. I'll let you know how these are when I try them out at the gym.

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 7
Having listened to my brother's v-moda's and comparing them to my newly arrived NE-7's I can say the following: the sound quality of the Nuforce model is much, MUCH better to my ears.
The v-moda's bass is bloated and completely overpowering. This may not be an issue while at the gym but if you are comparing the models based solely on the quality of sound- the Nuforce wins hands down.
I have yet to use the NE-7's whilst climbing or cycling (my preferred activities) and cannot comment on their performance in these capacities but will let you know when I find out.
Hope this helps,
NICK

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 7
I used my Nuforce's at the gym yesterday for the first time. 1 hr of weights and 25 minutes on the the treadmill and they did fine. They don't seem like they would stay in that long, but they did.

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 7
I work out with my NE-7M's and if you can find the right fit for your ears they work pretty well. The NE-7M's definitely can pack a surprising amount of bass and is not a treble oriented IEM.

Just got back from the gym after a good workout. Ran on the treadmill for about 40 minutes with the foam tips without having to adjust/fix the position of my NE-7M's even once. I had them hanging down from my ear and not wrapped around.

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 7
I think that foam tips add a LOT of bass. I found this to be nice on some recordings but eliminated too much sparkle and air that I found with the silicone tips.
If you're moving around and put the cord behind your neck/back, the pods tend to get pulled back giving a weird response. Just FYI.
NICK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back