V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Oct 4, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #826 of 972
  Hi,

I'm a happy V-moda XS owner, however I have a problem.

I use them connected to my Iphone and it is Ok. I tried them connected to three DIY amps I built: C-moy, O2 amp and The Wire.
They sound OK with C-moy, but connected to The Wire and O2 I got the same problem: low level sound  and clearly low-fi, something similar to an old gramophone sound.
I suspect a problem idue to the mic cable the V-moda have.

Any similar experience in the forum?

Thank you

northernsky

Flip your cable around(45 degree in your headphone, straight plug in your amp) and see if that helps.

Oct 5, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #827 of 972
The matte blue looks so so nice with the matte black XS. Might have to buy some new shields. :)
What's everyone's favorite shield color?

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #828 of 972
Matte Green with the Matte Black XS looks great.

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #829 of 972
I realize that this may have been asked a billion times, but the search doesn't really bring up anything explanatory.

1. Does the XS burn in?
2. I find them pretty uncomfortable after several minutes. Does this get better with time e.g. the pads get softer/memorize the relief of the ear.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #830 of 972
I realize that this may have been asked a billion times, but the search doesn't really bring up anything explanatory.

1. Does the XS burn in?
2. I find them pretty uncomfortable after several minutes. Does this get better with time e.g. the pads get softer/memorize the relief of the ear.

Thanks in advance.

They burn in, yeah.
If you find them uncomfortable, adjust them a few clicks or bend the headband a bit. The foam'll get softer as you use it.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #833 of 972
Does anyone have any experience with both these and the dt770 pro 80/250Ohm?

Recently had the m80 which unfortunately broke and I'm therefore looking for a new pair of headphones. Since I loved the sound signature of the m80 I'm obviously very interested in the XS. Also looking at others like the dt770 and would like to know how they compare even though its an on ear vs over ear comparison. Is either better or worse than the other or is it just a preference of sound?

Nov 15, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #834 of 972
The matte blue looks so so nice with the matte black XS. Might have to buy some new shields.
smily_headphones1.gif

What's everyone's favorite shield color?

I bought the matte blue after looking at some pics in this thread.  The blue shields I received look a little darker than they appear in the pictures.  I like them because they add a subtle accent

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #835 of 972
Another question, how well is the inline mic and remote protected from sweat? Only god knows how many IEM headsets I ruined by working out in them.

Don't know, but if it breaks v-moda'll just send you an new one.

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #836 of 972
Very tempted by these great looking headphones.   Probably the only headphones that could tempt me away at this point would be the Beyerdynamic T51p.   Possibly the deal breaker would be how well each of these would respond to additional amplification.  I'm using a Fostex HP-P1 and keen to continue using it.   If anybody can speak to any of these pairings I'd love to hear about it.   Anybody using the Fostex- V-Moda combination either with the XS or the M-80?

Regards

Jeb.

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #837 of 972
Very tempted by these great looking headphones.   Probably the only headphones that could tempt me away at this point would be the Beyerdynamic T51p.   Possibly the deal breaker would be how well each of these would respond to additional amplification.  I'm using a Fostex HP-P1 and keen to continue using it.   If anybody can speak to any of these pairings I'd love to hear about it.   Anybody using the Fostex- V-Moda combination either with the XS or the M-80?

Regards

Jeb.

Amplification in general improves the XS a lot more. They're a headphone with a lot of air compared to IEMs, but their already balanced with a bit of bass sound is improved much more.

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #839 of 972
Thanks Existence -  great to hear that the XS have room to grow.  -  which amps have you used with the XS?

I'm going to see if I can audition a pair.

I've used the AK240, AK100, FiiO X1, FiiO X5, FiiO Kilimanjaro, FiiO Mont Blanc and FiiO E17. The DAPs I listed made the sound faster and more precise, while the amps expanded the soundstage a bit and took a but of the unbalanced bite (compared to my AF180 quad armature iems) out of the XS.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #840 of 972

Regards

Jeb.

Actually I prefer the T51p's, but man the XS's design is very impressive and the fold up incredibly small. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back