V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Aug 18, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #781 of 972
Anybody know where I might be able to demo a pair of XS in the San Fernando Valley, California area? Sherman Oaks Best Buy Magnolia didn't have it.
I only wish to say regarding demoing the XS, my like for them occurred after much listening time. I wouldn't judge them from only an in store demo.

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #782 of 972
sound22

I picked up the XS's today. Yes, wonderful sound so far. However, they keep sliding forward on my head, like I've put them on a cone - the pointy part being the front of my head. Now, my head's not quite like that. My T51p's sit perfectly for hours; and my HD25 1 ii clamp like a vice.
Perhaps somebody that is finding no problems with getting a lasting fit can post a close up of how they've positioned these - on their ears and on their head.

I've fiddled with them and as long as I walk, head leveI, l don't have a problem. Look side to side, no problem. Bounce a bit - pop. Look down - pop.

Oh never mind. Shifted the band back to the peak of my head and they seem to be fine. Had them on for about an hour now.

This must be part of the breaking in - where head, ears, brain and headphones become as one :)

Did I say they sound nice? Like the T51p's but with a light shining on the highs, and the mids taken out of the box - but that's just in an A B comparison. Put the T51p on for extended listening and I sail away into the music. I suspect the same will be true with the XS' s. The HD25s, however, have a sound that brings out that "that's how I remember these" feeling when I listen to the music I grew up with (60s and 70s rock).

But I digress. Still want to see those pictures...

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #783 of 972
hi guys in case anyone is interested again XS vs M-100 comparison i made a thread about my comparison between the two

this thread is to answer any and all questions regarding these two fantastic,stylish and great sounding headphones in its entirety (sound, build, isolation etc) and to compare them with each other as well. 

i hope to see you there!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/731387/v-moda-xs-m-100-compared-ask-your-questions-here

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #784 of 972
  Anybody know where I might be able to demo a pair of XS in the San Fernando Valley, California area? Sherman Oaks Best Buy Magnolia didn't have it.

I show that Sherman Oaks currently has 2 NIB units available.  None of the BBY stores have the XS on display, just boxed product.  Return policy is very liberal though, you have 15 days, longer if you are an Elite or Elite Plus member.  You can return them for any reason.  Just try to keep all the packaging etc and you should have no problem.  Hope this helps.    

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #785 of 972
A question for those that own or have owned the M80 and the XS: If the M80 fits well, with only light pressure on my ears, will the XS, probably, be too loose? I don't have a way to try the XS where I live. Thanks for the help.

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #786 of 972
  A question for those that own or have owned the M80 and the XS: If the M80 fits well, with only light pressure on my ears, will the XS, probably, be too loose? I don't have a way to try the XS where I live. Thanks for the help.

That's hard to answer since everyone has different head shapes and sizes. The difference in clamping forces between the M-80 and XS is due to the headband on the XS being more elliptical and slightly longer than the M-80 headband, which is more circular as illustrated by my gif:

So the lack of contact between the headband and your head is what causes the increased clamping pressure on the M-80 whereas the longer, more form-fitting headband of the XS results in less clamp. I find the fit of the XS to slip less than the M-80, but I also had to stretch my M-80 like crazy to get it to not hurt my ears. Hopes this helps.

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #787 of 972
Thanks, SpiderNhan, that was helpful. I really do need to hunt down a demo pair of the XS to try for fit. Thanks, again.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #789 of 972
I believe so since the headband is made from the same material. I didn't have to adjust my XS at all, though.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #791 of 972
Sadly I might be selling either my XS or my M-100s by V-MODA. Please let me know if you're interested in buying.
Reason being is headphones don't really fit my lifestyle, so I'm moving to IEMs. Looking at buying high-end bose or shure. Most likely selling the M-100 but give me a PM if you're interested.

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #792 of 972
Sadly I might be selling either my XS or my M-100s by V-MODA. Please let me know if you're interested in buying.
Reason being is headphones don't really fit my lifestyle, so I'm moving to IEMs. Looking at buying high-end bose or shure. Most likely selling the M-100 but give me a PM if you're interested.

Beats>Bose tbh

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #793 of 972

if you don't mind me asking, what is your funds going towards specifically?

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #794 of 972

if you don't mind me asking, what is your funds going towards specifically?

I bought the Shure 215tld (blue) IEMs. Now to sell either of the two, not sure yet but can give the buyer a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back